Some very noob questions

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
new.new

Re: Some very noob questions

Post by new.new »

stevemaury wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:49 pm Whatever the host has running that caches sessions needs to be turned off for you. Can't say it any plainer than that.
Thanks, i'll try to re-explain them this way. Do you think is really possible for them to fix it? The problem is that it's a shared hosting, don't know if they can change this setting for every user.
If they can't do it, are there some workaround i can do to fix the problem?
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Post by stevemaury »

I cannot answer that because I do not know what their setup is. If they are indeed caching sessions, then phpBB has no way to distinguish between users.
I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)
thecoalman
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Post by thecoalman »

new.new wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:07 pm For what I know i don't use cloudfare, don't know if my hosting uses it, btw i never saw cloudfare pages when browsing my board.
If you don;t know about it then you aren't using it.
Regarding this command cf-cache-status: HIT i don't know where search/type it, please explain me step by step,
This is not a command, it would be in the response header for a page on your site. I mentioned it for the sake others that might come across this topic while searching. If you are not using Cloudflare it won't appear.
“Results! Why, man, I have gotten a lot of results! I have found several thousand things that won’t work.”

Attributed - Thomas Edison
new.new

Post by new.new »

The hosting support answered me.
It seems the problem was caused by a cache software called "Engintron", now they deactivated it and it seems the issue it's gone.
Maybe this info can be useful for people who'll have the same problem.
Thanks so much for your help, it was a really annoying problem.

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”