A direct link to last post and how to block a user

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
GameSetMatch

A direct link to last post and how to block a user

Post by GameSetMatch » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:04 am

Hi there, I have 2 questions about v. 3.2.2.

1) I have a site where I put a direct links to certain forum's topics. Is there a possibility this link always to redirect to last last post?

2) Until recently I used another platform where there was an option to block users (hide all post of of certain users). Can I activate this options on phpbb too?

AmigoJack

Re: A direct link to last post and how to block a user

Post by AmigoJack » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:28 am

1. No. Since posts can be sorted individually there's no "last" anyway. But you could link to the topic, sorted by post time, descending - that way the most recent one always displays first. This topic as example.
  2. UCP > Friends & Foes > Manage foes > Add new foes does that and comes with an explanation already.
The worst thing about censorship is ███████████
Affin wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:51 am
The problem is probably not my English but you do not want to understand correctly.
We will not come anybody anyway, nevertheless, it's best to shit this.

GameSetMatch

Re: A direct link to last post and how to block a user

Post by GameSetMatch » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:06 am

AmigoJack wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:28 am
  1. No. Since posts can be sorted individually there's no "last" anyway. But you could link to the topic, sorted by post time, descending - that way the most recent one always displays first. This topic as example.
  2. UCP > Friends & Foes > Manage foes > Add new foes does that and comes with an explanation already.
Thank you! You can lock this topic! Image

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”