Trying to do fresh install but got error

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
BroIgnatius
Name: Bro. John-Paul Ignatius Mary

Trying to do fresh install but got error

Post by BroIgnatius »

Support Request Template
What version of phpBB are you using? phpBB 3.2.2
What is your board's URL? https://saintpiocenter.org/Academy/campbusbb3
Who do you host your board with? MyDomain.com
How did you install your board? I used the download package from phpBB.com
What is the most recent action performed on your board? Fresh Install
Is registration required to reproduce this issue? No
Do you have any MODs installed? No
Do you have any extensions installed? No
What styles do you currently have installed? prosilver, se_sprites
What language(s) is your board currently using? English
Which database type/version are you using? MySQL 5.6.32
What is your level of experience? Comfortable with phpBB
What actions did you take (updating your board; installing a MOD, style or extension; etc.) prior to this problem becoming noticeable? Installed fresh install after downloading most recent version. Went through install successfully with MySQL created with all tables.

Then I imported data from backup of db what was created under version 3.1.12 I think. See below for error message
Please describe your problem. Got this error message, even thought the index_body.html is present with both themes:

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Twig_Error_Loader' with message 'Unable to find template "index_body.html" (looked into: ).' in /hermes/bosnacweb01/bosnacweb01az/b711/myd.stmike1/public_html/spcdc/Academy/campusbb3/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Loader/Filesystem.php:232 Stack trace: #0 /hermes/bosnacweb01/bosnacweb01az/b711/myd.stmike1/public_html/spcdc/Academy/campusbb3/phpbb/template/twig/loader.php(135): Twig_Loader_Filesystem->findTemplate('index_body.html') #1 /hermes/bosnacweb01/bosnacweb01az/b711/myd.stmike1/public_html/spcdc/Academy/campusbb3/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Loader/Filesystem.php(150): phpbb\template\twig\loader->findTemplate('index_body.html') #2 /hermes/bosnacweb01/bosnacweb01az/b711/myd.stmike1/public_html/spcdc/Academy/campusbb3/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Environment.php(330): Twig_Loader_Filesystem->getCacheKey('index_body.html') #3 /hermes/bosnacweb01/bosnacweb01az/b711/myd.stmike1/public_html/spcdc/Academy/campusbb3/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Environment.php(424): Twig_Environment->getTemplateClass('in in /hermes/bosnacweb01/bosnacweb01az/b711/myd.stmike1/public_html/spcdc/Academy/campusbb3/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Loader/Filesystem.php on line 232
Generated by SRT Generator
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Re: Trying to do fresh install but got error

Post by stevemaury »

No need to do a new install, and in fact it will result in a mismatch between the table prefixes in your existing database.

Update as per this - https://www.phpbb.com/support/docs/en/3 ... upgrade31/
I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)
BroIgnatius

Post by BroIgnatius »

I installed 3.2.2 fresh. Why would I need to do an Upgrade?
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by stevemaury »

Because you ARE doing an upgrade from 3.1.12. But suit yourself.
I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)
BroIgnatius

Post by BroIgnatius »

No reason to get snippy. I just do not understand. I downloaded the most recent version 322 from the phpbb website, thus why is there is a need to upgrade. Do I not already have 3.2.2? or has the phpbb download page misinforming me?
Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf »

There are two parts to your phpBB install, the files and the database.
You downloaded the files for 3.2.2, but your database is still 3.1.12 until you upgrade it.
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by stevemaury »

https://saintpiocenter.org/Academy/campbusbb3 is 404.
BroIgnatius

Post by BroIgnatius »

I have erased all files, dropped all tables in the database, and started over from scratch with the 322 download.

I installed 3.2.2. With a database tables created by the install and nothing added or imported, I received this same error (https://saintpiocenter.org/Academy/campusbb3/):
Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Twig_Error_Loader' with message 'Unable to find template "index_body.html" (looked into: /hermes/bosnacweb01/bosnacweb01az/b711/myd.stmike1/public_html/spcdc/Academy/campusbb3/styles/all/template).' in /hermes/bosnacweb01/bosnacweb01az/b711/myd.stmike1/public_html/spcdc/Academy/campusbb3/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Loader/Filesystem.php:232 Stack trace: #0 /hermes/bosnacweb01/bosnacweb01az/b711/myd.stmike1/public_html/spcdc/Academy/campusbb3/phpbb/template/twig/loader.php(135): Twig_Loader_Filesystem->findTemplate('index_body.html') #1 /hermes/bosnacweb01/bosnacweb01az/b711/myd.stmike1/public_html/spcdc/Academy/campusbb3/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Loader/Filesystem.php(150): phpbb\template\twig\loader->findTemplate('index_body.html') #2 /hermes/bosnacweb01/bosnacweb01az/b711/myd.stmike1/public_html/spcdc/Academy/campusbb3/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Environment.php(330): Twig_Loader_Filesystem->getCacheKey('index_body.html') #3 /hermes/bosnacweb01/bosnacweb01az/b711/myd.stmike1/public_html/spcd in /hermes/bosnacweb01/bosnacweb01az/b711/myd.stmike1/public_html/spcdc/Academy/campusbb3/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Loader/Filesystem.php on line 232
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by stevemaury »

Reupload the /vendor folder.
BroIgnatius

Post by BroIgnatius »

Reupload of vendor folder did not work. Still getting the error.

What else can be done? There is no index_body.html in the "all" theme, bit removing this theme (that was put there buy the install process) doe snot help either. The error when doing this:
Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Twig_Error_Loader' with message 'Unable to find template "index_body.html" (looked into: ).' in /hermes/bosnacweb01/bosnacweb01az/b711/myd.stmike1/public_html/spcdc/Academy/campusbb3/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Loader/Filesystem.php:232 Stack trace: #0 /hermes/bosnacweb01/bosnacweb01az/b711/myd.stmike1/public_html/spcdc/Academy/campusbb3/phpbb/template/twig/loader.php(135): Twig_Loader_Filesystem->findTemplate('index_body.html') #1 /hermes/bosnacweb01/bosnacweb01az/b711/myd.stmike1/public_html/spcdc/Academy/campusbb3/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Loader/Filesystem.php(150): phpbb\template\twig\loader->findTemplate('index_body.html') #2 /hermes/bosnacweb01/bosnacweb01az/b711/myd.stmike1/public_html/spcdc/Academy/campusbb3/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Environment.php(330): Twig_Loader_Filesystem->getCacheKey('index_body.html') #3 /hermes/bosnacweb01/bosnacweb01az/b711/myd.stmike1/public_html/spcdc/Academy/campusbb3/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Environment.php(424): Twig_Environment->getTemplateClass('in in /hermes/bosnacweb01/bosnacweb01az/b711/myd.stmike1/public_html/spcdc/Academy/campusbb3/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Loader/Filesystem.php on line 232
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by stevemaury »

stevemaury wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:20 pm Update as per this - https://www.phpbb.com/support/docs/en/3 ... upgrade31/
You may now wish to try this.
BroIgnatius

Post by BroIgnatius »

Please forgive me, but I am really trying to understand here.

Why do I need to upgrade from 3.1x when I have downloaded the latest version 3.2.2 and installed it. I did not see anywhere in the download and install instructions that a fresh install of 3.2.2, which also inserted the tables in a blank database during the install, with no other imports made, just the pristine 3.2.2., had to also go through an upgrade from 3.1x.

I dont understand.

This should be working "out of the box" as it were.
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

you have not upgraded yet.

all you have done is create a new blank 3.2.2 board. all of your old posts, topics, members etc are in the old database.

in order for your new board to have all the old posts/members etc., you have to update/upgrade that old database to 3.2.2

I need you to answer a couple of questions before I can give you exact instructions.

did you use the same database to install the new 3.2.2 board using a different table prefix to do so?
if so, here is how to fix it:
1. find out what the table prefix is of the old board. do that by looking at the config.php file from the old board.
whatever the table prefix is, edit you config.php file of the new board and change the new table prefix to the old one.
2. now, see if the board will work at all.
if so, then you are ready to upgrade the old database.
if you deleted the folder named install on the new board, put it back.
then, access it in your browser: yourdomain.com/yourphpbb/install
do NOT put the app.php in the url.
now, when you see the install page, click on the update tab. then on that page click on update, then on the next page click on submit for update the database only.

when it is done. you then delete that folder named install again.

now you have a completely updated board with all your old members, posts etc.

if none of this fits then come back and we will try something else.

robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
BroIgnatius

Post by BroIgnatius »

okay:

1) I created brand new database on the server
2) uploaded the files from pbpbb 3.2.2 to the server
3) went through Install per normal
4) after install, the board was working fine and was able to access the board as a user and as an admin
5) then imported the old database
6) went through the Install again
7) there was two options, "Update" and "Convert". I chose "Update", which offered "update the database only", which I did
8) tried to login to the new board and got this (which is what I got at the beginning of this journey
Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Twig_Error_Loader' with message 'Unable to find template "message_body.html" (looked into: /hermes/bosnacweb01/bosnacweb01az/b711/myd.stmike1/public_html/spcdc/Academy/campus/styles/all/template).' in /hermes/bosnacweb01/bosnacweb01az/b711/myd.stmike1/public_html/spcdc/Academy/campus/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Loader/Filesystem.php:232 Stack trace: #0 /hermes/bosnacweb01/bosnacweb01az/b711/myd.stmike1/public_html/spcdc/Academy/campus/phpbb/template/twig/loader.php(135): Twig_Loader_Filesystem->findTemplate('message_body.ht...') #1 /hermes/bosnacweb01/bosnacweb01az/b711/myd.stmike1/public_html/spcdc/Academy/campus/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Loader/Filesystem.php(150): phpbb\template\twig\loader->findTemplate('message_body.ht...') #2 /hermes/bosnacweb01/bosnacweb01az/b711/myd.stmike1/public_html/spcdc/Academy/campus/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Environment.php(330): Twig_Loader_Filesystem->getCacheKey('message_body.ht...') #3 /hermes/bosnacweb01/bosnacweb01az/b711/myd.stmike1/public_html/spcdc/Ac in /hermes/bosnacweb01/bosnacweb01az/b711/myd.stmike1/public_html/spcdc/Academy/campus/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Loader/Filesystem.php on line 232
This keeps referring to a style call "all", that apparently is installed with the 3.2.2 installation, since I did not put it there. Style has nothing in it except one folder, "template", which as one file, "feed.xml.twig"

The board is at new address: http://saintpiocenter.org/Academy/campus/

How is this fixed?
janus_zonstraal

Post by janus_zonstraal »

Do you still have the files from 3.1.12?
The best way is to start all over again with your 3.1.12 files and database.
And follow this https://www.phpbb.com/support/docs/en/3 ... upgrade31/ guide.
Sorry! My English is bat ;) !!!

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”