Notification emails not working

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
EA117

Re: Notification emails not working

Post by EA117 »

3Di wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:53 pm That's something (to reiterate) Godaddy have to sort theirselves out, IMHO.
Agreed that it seems like there is "something different" they need to be doing; either "instead of" or "in addition to" the current behavior. Given that part of GoDaddy's customer sell here is being able to have a turn-key phpBB installation as one of many different applications they support, a situation of "inexplicably and without kicking a failure back, some types of email notifications will fail by default" definitely doesn't seem like the right position for them to be holding.

Still waiting to hear back on the the still-open case with GoDaddy, but won't be updating that further here.

Thanks for all the input. Will definitely be considering what the config.php might be able to show me during future investigations.

-Trench
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick »

I’ve never known Godaddy support phpBB, if anyone uses ‘THEIR’ one-click installer (which we don’t support) they refer them here if anything goes wrong.
  • "The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski©
  • "The good news is hell is just the product of a morbid human imagination.
    The bad news is, whatever humans can imagine, they can usually create.
    " - Harmony Cobel
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

godaddy does not support phpbb at all. they do not support any of the scripts you can install from the godaddy control panel.

the company that provides all those scripts is the one that changes them to work with the one click installs.

therefore, phpbb can not support them, godaddy is not going to support them becuase they just pay for the service from some other company.

that company probably won't even talk to you.

bottom line: don't install those one click scripts for anything. always download the programs from the company that makes and supports them and install them manually.
luck,

robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
EA117

Post by EA117 »

Agreed, all fair points. In any event, I still don't mind trying to hold the statement of "you guys provide this as a one-click application, yet your default mail settings are going to prevent it from working by default" against them, in an effort to try and make GoDaddy create some solution or change for the customers who will hit the same issue I just did. Since although it's still the best recommendation, nothing about "avoid using their one-click installation, and do a manual installation instead" would have changed this particular outcome.

-Trench

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”