What is the "user_new" column?

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Leinad4Mind
Translator

What is the "user_new" column?

Post by Leinad4Mind » Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:33 am

Hi there,

do anyone know what is the user_new column, from phpbb_users, for? I checked the wiki and that column doesn't appear there.

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: I beleive the user_new is 1 when we've the Newly Registered Group (NRG) activated, and go to 0 when the user is removed from the NRG.
Or if we disable the NRG from ACP, then all users will get a user_new of 0. Is that it? Can't find any info anywhere about this.
Want to access all my portuguese MOD and Extension translations?
Become my Patreon!
phpBB Portugal Translator and Moderator

Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: What is the "user_new" column?

Post by Brf » Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:48 pm

When the New User Post Limit is set, new users are put in the NRU group and user_new is set.
When the new user logs in, if the user's #posts is >= Post Limit, the user is automatically removed from NRU and nuser_new is reset.
If user_new is not set, then the #posts is not checked.

Therefore, if a user is manually placed into NRU and user_new is not set, his #posts will not be checked and he will never be removed automatically from NRU.

Leinad4Mind
Translator

Post by Leinad4Mind » Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:13 pm

I see. Then if I set New User Post Limit to 0, then my user_new will always be 0 (only for new registrations). And if put 3, then when someone registers the user_new will be 1, and it will become 0 only after that user posts 4 times (and NRU group will be removed too). Im I correct?

And let say now that I had set to 3, and a user registered but never logged in, I assume the user_new will be 1. Then If I change that option (new user post limit) to 0. What will happen to the user_new, will it remain at 1?
Want to access all my portuguese MOD and Extension translations?
Become my Patreon!
phpBB Portugal Translator and Moderator

Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf » Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:13 pm

If you change the limit to 0, then any users in the NRU will never be removed automatically. The check is only made if the limit is set and the user_new is set for that user.

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”