Need direct help converting from 3.0.8 to 3.2.2, please...

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
bimjim

Need direct help converting from 3.0.8 to 3.2.2, please...

Post by bimjim » Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:48 pm

I have had free resources on line for about 15 years using phpBB 3.0.8 (I might have upgraded from an earlier version once), now my provider (pair.com) has upgraded the php to 7.x and 3.0.8 no longer works properly.

On one Forum I tried doing an upgrade straight to phpBB 3.2.2, but it got screwed up along the line. I tried to update the database using phpMyAdmin, but mine was out of date and that upgrade got screwed up too. Another Forum (on another domain) is still working just fine for some reason.

So far I have created a parallel directory with 3.2.2 installed (I think), but I really need help moving the 3.0.8 database up to 3.2.2, then importing it into the 3.2.2 install, and then swapping the folder names so the original folder is operational (a domain name points to it).

**solicitation Deleted**

Thanks in advance...

JimL
Last edited by HiFiKabin on Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Solicitation Deleted

kinerity
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: Kailey Truscott

Re: Need direct help converting from 3.0.8 to 3.2.2, please...

Post by kinerity » Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:52 pm

It's not allowed to hire through this board. However, there are plenty of reputable people around here. We suggest you take a look at the signatures of prominent team or community members who offer their services and send these people a private message.

However, it is possible to upgrade to 3.2.2.

Notes:
  • Your server must be running at least PHP 5.4.7 or higher.
  • phpBB 3.2 is not compatible with 3.0 and most of the previous files will need to be removed prior to upgrading.
  • Styles and MODs from 3.0 cannot be installed on phpBB 3.2. To upgrade, perform the following steps:
  1. Make a back-up of the original files and database
  2. Deactivate all styles except for prosilver
  3. Remove all MOD-related changes from the database. The Support Toolkit's Database Cleaner can be used for this.
  4. Ensure that the activated spambot countermeasure is one of the standard phpBB plugins (Simple image, GD image, GD 3D image, Q&A, reCaptacha).
  5. Set British English as the only language pack and delete all other language pack directories from your server
  6. Delete all of your phpBB 3.0.x files EXCEPT for the following:
    • The config.php file
    • The /images/ directory
    • The /files/ directory
    • The /store/ directory
  7. Upload the contents of the phpBB3 directory from the uncompressed 3.2.x Full Package (EXCEPT for config.php) into your forum's directory (Note: you don't want to overwrite your original config.php file)
  8. Browse to www.example.com/install/
  9. Click the Update tab
  10. Click the Update button
  11. Select "Update database only" and click Submit
  12. Wait for the progress bar to reach 100% and for a message indicating that the update has completed
  13. Delete or rename the /install/ directory
Kailey Truscott - Community Team

bimjim

Post by bimjim » Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:03 pm

I tried sending such messages to THREE listed Support programmers here by PM or email since two days ago, nobody responds.

When I tried to update the Forum I went through just such a process, but now it does not work. Although I trained as a programmer (in 1991) I did not find work in that field and I no longer have the facility to fix this stuff any more, but I will go through the steps you provided again and see what happens..

Thanks much anyway,

J
Last edited by bimjim on Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick » Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:33 pm

Unfortunately, you have to be patient, all help here is done voluntarily. Try upgrading to 3.1.12 first then to 3.2.2.
"The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski

There are no ‘threads’ in phpBB, they are topics.

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”