[split] Update from 3.2.2 to 3.2.3 not working

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Amarok

[split] Update from 3.2.2 to 3.2.3 not working

Post by Amarok » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:43 am

Hi everyone,

uploaded just the /install and /vendor folders (as per automated update instructions in the ACP) and started update. A message appears stating the necessary files arent present and offers only the database update. This doesnt seem to be correct?
Last edited by JimA on Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Split the post into its own topic

JimA
Community Team Leader
Community Team Leader
Name: Jim Mossing Holsteyn

Re: [split] Update from 3.2.2 to 3.2.3 not working

Post by JimA » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:11 pm

Hi, welcome!

I've split off your topic to a new one so the support staff doesn't get too confused with multiple issues in one topic. :)

Are you sure you need the automatic updater? If you don't have (too many) manual code changes, this way of updating is much easier.
Knowledge Base - Updating 3.2.x
Image Jim Mossing Holsteyn - Community Team Leader
Knowledge Base | Documentation | Board rules

If you're having any questions about the rules/customs of this website, feel free to drop me a PM.

Amarok

Post by Amarok » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:53 pm

Hi Jim,

so sorry, this is noted. Assumed for some reason it was preferred to keep similar scenarios within a common thread.

Well, we try to keep our fingers off the core code, we have only added a block of texts to one of the language files (common.php) and have a slight change in the admin.css (just background color and logo to keep sites apart). Everything else is in either styles or extensions.

Just thought the automatic updater would just pick the necessary files only and thus reduce the overall update time, otherwise there´s no special reason not to manually update.

JimA
Community Team Leader
Community Team Leader
Name: Jim Mossing Holsteyn

Post by JimA » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:21 am

If you've kept track of your manual changes, it might be easier to upload through the way I described above (it's usually more straightforward as the update occasionally times out or has other problems for some boards) and then re-apply the changes.

Alternatively, check if you've uploaded the right updating package and whether your FTP client has really transferred all of the files. This is error we occasionally see when the update package doesn't have all the files to function correctly. But, like I said above, doing this manually is the recommended method when you have little to no file edits. :)
Image Jim Mossing Holsteyn - Community Team Leader
Knowledge Base | Documentation | Board rules

If you're having any questions about the rules/customs of this website, feel free to drop me a PM.

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”