phpbb warning after update

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
durangod
Name: Dave

phpbb warning after update

Post by durangod »

hi after update this morning we are still getting the php warnings does this mean the update did not work?
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/google/recaptcha/src/ReCaptcha/RequestMethod/Post.php on line 68: file_get_contents(): https:// wrapper is disabled in the server configuration by allow_url_fopen=0
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/google/recaptcha/src/ReCaptcha/RequestMethod/Post.php on line 68: file_get_contents(https://www.google.com/recaptcha/api/siteverify): failed to open stream: no suitable wrapper could be found
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4541: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3291)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4541: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3291)

So i see the issue is allow_url_fopen is disabled. I dont have any way to turn that on without turning it on server wide and i wont do that. Can we just remove the google requirement by using a different captcha.

UPDATE: we changed over to the question captcha and no warnings.. i refuse to set allow_url_fopen to enabled on whole server... google better find another way to get its data...
Username is short for durango d (durangodave)
Lumpy Burgertushie

Re: phpbb warning after update

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

If you are using an older version of recaptcha then that could be the problem. google has stopped supporting the use of the older version from what I have read on here.

robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
durangod

Post by durangod »

Well that was pretty quick for them to do that because i just got my recaptcha keys 3 days ago lol I heard on the grapevine that some big dating site lost recaptcha support and tons of people were not able to log in for a whole weekend.
durangod

Post by durangod »

The solution here is to do it with curl, then you wont need allow_url_fopen at all..

This was not for phpbb, i have not edited my files yet here, but this is what i added to another script and it works.

you can usually leave your data for the keys and the response alone if the array is called $data and then just do this after the data array variable is set

Code: Select all

//mod dave user curl instead of file_get_contents

$verify = curl_init();
        curl_setopt($verify, CURLOPT_URL, "https://www.google.com/recaptcha/api/siteverify");
        curl_setopt($verify, CURLOPT_POST, true);
        curl_setopt($verify, CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS, http_build_query($data,'','&'));
        curl_setopt($verify, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER, false);
        curl_setopt($verify, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, true);
        $response = curl_exec($verify);

//end mod dave
bingo recap is working for my other site and was getting the same error... ill have to try this on phpbb... does anyone know what file its in so i dont have to search ?

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”