Partial conversion from 3.0.x to 3.2.1

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
denbrahe

Partial conversion from 3.0.x to 3.2.1

Post by denbrahe »

Hi

So I have a problem with a legacy forum that I inherited as web admin in my youth organization. It was about a year or so partially updated from version 3.0.? to 3.2.1. However, there were still MODs present (eg Karma, Mobiquo) that gave conflicts. Since then, the forum is on version 3.2.1, but some functionality does not work:
  • Visiting the extensions tab: can't find module ./../includes/acp/acp_mobiquo.php
  • ACP_KARMA settings: link visible but gives error when clicked
I tried installing the Support Toolkit, but that didn't work (couldn't find ./../includes/db/db_tools.php).

The forum is hosted on a private provider (scoutnet).
Php version: PHP Version 5.6.28-pl0-gentoo (on a gentoo server)

How can I try to fix this forum?

Thanks in advance,
Brecht
Lumpy Burgertushie

Re: Partial conversion from 3.0.x to 3.2.1

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

you need to remove those modules from the admin panel system tab, last section on the left.
module management/admin panel
find and remove the mobiqo thing and any other strange looking titles with underbars in them.

some times you have to drill down a few levels to actually find the bad one.

robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
denbrahe

Post by denbrahe »

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:49 pm you need to remove those modules from the admin panel system tab, last section on the left.
module management/admin panel
find and remove the mobiqo thing and any other strange looking titles with underbars in them.

some times you have to drill down a few levels to actually find the bad one.

robert
Hi Robert, thank you for your reply. I found a bunch of modules related to Karma and Automod, and removed them successfully, as well as 'ACP_CAT_MODS' and 'ACP_MODS'. However, no modules related to mobiquo were found, and there is still an error when accessing the Extensions tab. An image of the error is attached.

Edit: there are however Tapatalk modules in the Extensions category. Since Tapatalk was mobiquo, could those be the culprit
Attachments
Screenshot_2018-09-20 General Error.png
Last edited by denbrahe on Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick »

Mobiquo is a third party mod by Tapatalk, ie: not phpBB. If you can't find out how to remove it fully maybe visiting their support site will help.
  • "The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski©
  • "The good news is hell is just the product of a morbid human imagination.
    The bad news is, whatever humans can imagine, they can usually create.
    " - Harmony Cobel
denbrahe

Post by denbrahe »

So I removed the tapatalk modules and the tapatalk extension completely. The Extensions tab disappeared (as it should). I then reinstalled the tapatalk extension, following their instructions, and enabled it in Extension Management. The Extensions tab did not reappear yet.
denbrahe

Post by denbrahe »

I installed another extension (sitelogo) and the Extensions tab is back! I'll look into the tapatalk extension to see if it is working correctly, but that isn't as important.

Thank you very much for your help.

Brecht
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

you can NOT install tapatalk for 3.0 on a 3.2 board. if you did then you will have other problems.

personally I would simply remove all parts of tapatalk since you don't need it anyway. phpbb 3.1> is already responsive and that was the main purpose of tapatalk to begin with.

robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
denbrahe

Post by denbrahe »

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:58 pm you can NOT install tapatalk for 3.0 on a 3.2 board. if you did then you will have other problems.

personally I would simply remove all parts of tapatalk since you don't need it anyway. phpbb 3.1> is already responsive and that was the main purpose of tapatalk to begin with.

robert
Hi Robert,

What I did was first remove all parts of tapatalk I could see (mix of 3.0 and 3.2). Then I installed tapatalk for version 3.2.
I, for myself, use the mobile website, but I do know that some of our users are still using tapatalk on this moment.

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”