Error on update

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
invenio

Error on update

Post by invenio » Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:10 am

Trying to update from v3.2.1 to v3.2.3.

Followed the instructions in KB article: https://www.phpbb.com/support/docs/en/3 ... ating-32x/

On step 8 when I go to the /install file I get this error in my web browser:

Code: Select all

[phpBB Debug] "include(/hermes/bosnacweb02/bosnacweb02cg/b1496/ipg.conradjohnsonownersc/vendor/ocramius/proxy-manager/src/ProxyManager/ProxyGenerator/ProxyGeneratorInterface.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory" in file /hermes/bosnacweb02/bosnacweb02cg/b1496/ipg.conradjohnsonownersc/vendor/composer/ClassLoader.php on line 412
[phpBB Debug] "include(): Failed opening '/hermes/bosnacweb02/bosnacweb02cg/b1496/ipg.conradjohnsonownersc/vendor/ocramius/proxy-manager/src/ProxyManager/ProxyGenerator/ProxyGeneratorInterface.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php-7.1.1-precise/lib/php')" in file /hermes/bosnacweb02/bosnacweb02cg/b1496/ipg.conradjohnsonownersc/vendor/composer/ClassLoader.php on line 412
Please help.

UPDATE:
I had some upload fails in the original method although I requed them for upload and they seemed to have gone through. Nonetheless, I tried to upload all the files in Step 7 of the instructions and it went through without any error. Now I get this error when going to the /install directory with my web browser:

Code: Select all

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

UPDATE 2:

Support Request Template
What version of phpBB are you using? phpBB 3.2.1
What is your board's URL? www.conradjohnsonowners.com
Who do you host your board with? ipage.com
How did you install your board? I used the download package from phpBB.com
What is the most recent action performed on your board? Update from a previous version of phpBB3
Is registration required to reproduce this issue? No
Do you have any MODs installed? No
Do you have any extensions installed? Yes
What version of phpBB3 did you update from? phpBB 3.2.1
What extensions do you have installed? Official Board Announcements (but I disabled it prior to upgrade process).
What styles do you currently have installed? prosilver
What language(s) is your board currently using? english
Which database type/version are you using? I Don't Know
What is your level of experience? New to PHP and phpBB
What actions did you take (updating your board; installing a MOD, style or extension; etc.) prior to this problem becoming noticeable? Followed the KB article for updating 3.2 versions.
Please describe your problem. see above.
Generated by SRT Generator

UPDATE 3:
Server error log attached.

UPDATE 4:
I know next to nothing about reading error logs, but I see what appears to be errors with the Board Announcements extension? I disabled this prior to the upgrade. Before the upgrade I disabled the board through the ACP, disabled the extension, and then cleared the cache. Then I did the instructions in the KB.
Attachments
cgi_error_log.txt
(798.6 KiB) Downloaded 4 times

invenio

Re: Error on update

Post by invenio » Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:13 pm

Bump,... +6 hrs since last post. Any help would be appreciated.

GanstaZ
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by GanstaZ » Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:37 pm

What download package did you use and how you upload your files? If something has been changed on server level (example.. settings) by host, you or somebody else, then you need to ask your host for help.
"When answer lies in the question,.. question becomes redundant!"

invenio

Post by invenio » Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:16 pm

I used the full package (https://www.phpbb.com/downloads/) and followed the instructions in the KB update article I linked above.

Nothing was changed on the server side, I was running the board fine 10 minutes before doing the upgrade and made no changes with the host server settings when doing the update.

stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Post by stevemaury » Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:51 pm

Revert to your backup. Reinstall the Board Announcements Extension (nothing in the instructions says to disable extensions; in fact it says "(Note: take care not to delete any extensions in your /ext folder when uploading the new phpBB3 contents.)"). Then try again.
For REALLY good and VERY inexpensive hosting CLICK HERE

I can stop all your spam. PM or email me.

All unsolicited PMs will be ignored.

invenio

Post by invenio » Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:19 pm

I went on ftp and deleted all the files and re-uploaded the files from just prior to starting the upgrade. Still get a "500 Internal server error."

Here is the server log attached.

Are there any database changes made in the install process if you never get to the "update database" step?

Thank you for all the help, BTW. I wish I knew more about this stuff but I'm a total newb.
Attachments
cgi_error_log (1).txt
(913.46 KiB) Downloaded 4 times

stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Post by stevemaury » Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:23 pm

The errors appear to be from the php.ini file. That is not a phpBB file. Ask your hosts about the php.ini errors. Error 500 is a server error. Or try switching to php 7.0
For REALLY good and VERY inexpensive hosting CLICK HERE

I can stop all your spam. PM or email me.

All unsolicited PMs will be ignored.

invenio

Post by invenio » Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:01 pm

So I talked with the host and they told me that the error when trying to restore the backup was due to some files missing. I'm not sure why this was the case as Filezilla indicated to me that every file was uploaded successfully. Either way, I initiated another file restore via ftp of any missing files and it seemed to get the board working again. As it's getting late, I think the update will have to wait for another day.

Thank you for all of your input.

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”