Upgrade from 3.2.2 to 3.2.3 with PHP 7.2

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
bwsevier

Upgrade from 3.2.2 to 3.2.3 with PHP 7.2

Post by bwsevier » Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:46 pm

Good morning. I was running my forum **DELETED** using phpbb 3.2.2 and PHP 7.1. Base website is a Joomla 3.8x site, which is now insisting on PHP 7.2 or higher.

When I updated PHP from 7.1 to 7.2, I began getting the "phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable" error, and could not login to the forums. Based on comments I found online I needed to upgrade to phpbb 3.2.3 - now, I not only get the first set of errors, I also get the "phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)" error, and logging in gives me a blank screen (other than the errors) - the screen just has "[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 575: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 608: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 1835: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)" at the top of the page.

Ideas?

Thanks - Ben
Last edited by HiFiKabin on Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: SPAM link deleted

kinerity
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: Kailey Truscott

Re: Upgrade from 3.2.2 to 3.2.3 with PHP 7.2

Post by kinerity » Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:12 pm

How did you update? You could also try clearing the cache folder except .htaccess and index.htm.

Knowledge Base - Updating 3.2.x
Kailey Truscott - Community Team

Scanialady
Name: Annette

Post by Scanialady » Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:01 am

Webseite, Blog, Wiki
JV-Arcade / phpBB-Arcade / dmzx-Extensions Übersetzungsteam, andere deutsche Übersetzungen - german language files

bwsevier

Post by bwsevier » Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:31 pm

kinerity wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:12 pm
How did you update? You could also try clearing the cache folder except .htaccess and index.htm.

Knowledge Base - Updating 3.2.x
Trying to save time, used the Softaculous upgrade process in the host cPanel... Used in the past with no problems, obviously not this time. After upgrade couldn't get into the forum admin side at all, and logging in as plain user gives blank screen with errors noted.

bwsevier

Post by bwsevier » Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:32 pm

Haven't done that, as it could potentially affect my Joomla sites on the host.

GanstaZ
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by GanstaZ » Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:02 pm

Trying to save time, used the Softaculous upgrade process in the host cPanel
At the end, you will only increase time/have more problems to deal with. Update/upgrade should be done as pointed in docs. Can't say much about 7.2 version, but as i have seen, 3.2.3 should work normally, maybe with few php count warnings (haven't tested it).
"When answer lies in the question,.. question becomes redundant!"

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”