Where is my config.php?

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
abrogard
Name: arthur brogard

Where is my config.php?

Post by abrogard » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:46 am

I was moved to a new platform by my host.
My phpbb boards went dead.
Rescued one. And now trying another: mblforum.com

This one is not in the root. It is in mblforum.com/phpbb

I got a message from my host asking me to check my config.php. But the only config.php I can find is in the root, there's nothing within /phpbb/ that I've found yet.

Can anyone help me give them the info they want?

Heres what they sent me:

=============================================================
We have resolved the previous error by changing the following line in your mblforum.com/config.php file, from :

$dbms = 'mysql';

TO

$dbms = 'mysqli';

Now a new error shows, outlining the following :

Access denied for user 'abrogard_mblfrum'@'185.176.40.155' (using password: YES) [1045]

In most cases this means that either the username or password in the config file are not inserted correctly, however we have checked and the information seems to be inserted correctly.

Could you please also double check your config.php file and provide us with the location of any additional configuration files that might be interfering ?

================================================================

regards,

ab

</Solidjeuh>
Name: Andy Dm

Re: Where is my config.php?

Post by </Solidjeuh> » Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:12 am

Where is your phpBB forum?
I see nothing at: http://mblforum.com/phpbb/ ( those are not phpBB files )
and nothing at: http://mblforum.com/
Wij promoten UW muziek in ons forum & delen alles via Sociale media!
Muziek wordt ook toegevoegd in de playlist van
textradio.be!
Mail uw single + hoesje + info naar: info@muziekpromo.net of Solidjeuh@textradio.be
===============
Onze Website: https://www.muziekpromo.net

abrogard

Post by abrogard » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:17 am

My god, another one of my hilarious, ridiculous mistakes.

No. It's not in /phpbb/ it is in the root. I don't know what those files are. They're not phpbb dirs are they? I didn't look. Took a glance and thought that's it.

The board is accessed through an index.html which has an image map which calls index.php.

I set that up years ago. The best spambot beater I know of. Never had one spambot incident on that board, not one.

I'll set my others up the same way once i get going.... if I ever.....

There's files in mblforum.com root alright. I don't know how you can get to see them though.

You can see what I mean about the image map if you do show source I think.

What the stuff is in phpbb I don't know. I'll delete it all when I get this sorted out.

So. Is there any help you can give me with this now that I've cleared that up? So my host and I are talking about the same config.php it seems so what I can do or see in there that they haven't I don't know.

I'm happy to post copies of any files.... config.php, index.php....

Mysterious....

:)

maxwellqc13
Name: Max

Post by maxwellqc13 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:32 am

Not sure this is what your asking about but this is the config file for your board that tells it what DB to load, access level, password ect...

Sample location config_php.jpg

abrogard

Post by abrogard » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:57 am

Yes, I'm sorry, I've confused everything. Not for the first time.

I got the impression there must be another config.php that my host was asking me to check. So posted this thread, this question.

All wrong. There is no such thing. There's only the one.

So the thread question is answered. Well and truly answered.

So if it is best I'll open another thread.

What I'm chasing now is how to respond to my host's request

So they've asked me :
Could you please also double check your config.php file and provide us with the location of any additional configuration files that might be interfering ?
So I've 'double checked' it and I see nothing wrong - and I'm happy to post it here or a link to it if it'll help anyone help me - and I don't know of any 'additional config files' that might be interfering. Do you?

stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Post by stevemaury » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:08 pm

If you have two boards, you have two config.php files. They are in the same location as the index.php files for eacj board.
For REALLY good and VERY inexpensive hosting CLICK HERE

I can stop all your spam. PM or email me.

All unsolicited PMs will be ignored.

LavIgor

Post by LavIgor » Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:43 pm

abrogard wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:17 am
What the stuff is in phpbb I don't know. I'll delete it all when I get this sorted out.
Your board will stop working then. This directory is a part of the board software.
abrogard wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:46 am
In most cases this means that either the username or password in the config file are not inserted correctly, however we have checked and the information seems to be inserted correctly.
If database details are changed in config.php, board cache needs to be cleared (located in /cache directory).

LavIgor

Post by LavIgor » Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:52 pm

</Solidjeuh> wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:12 am
Where is your phpBB forum?
You should try appending index.php to the URL.
</Solidjeuh> wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:12 am
I see nothing at: http://mblforum.com/phpbb/ ( those are not phpBB files )
They are indeed phpBB files, these ones.

@abrogard
As for the error, isn't there a typo in 'abrogard_mblfrum', especially in the frum part of it?

3Di
Name: Marco

Post by 3Di » Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:34 pm

LavIgor wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:52 pm
They are indeed phpBB files, these ones.
If I can, the issue seems to be that in the phpbb's root there isn't the root of phpBB but the files contained in ./phpbb/phpbb/.

http://mblforum.com/phpbb/phpbb/ should contain the above files not http://mblforum.com/phpbb/

In fact if you go to http://mblforum.com/ you'll see the landing page.

Thus the missing config.php file. :)
Want to compensate me for my interest? Donate
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx.
Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user

LavIgor

Post by LavIgor » Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:53 pm

@3Di
Files are not missing, the board is located at the domain root.
There's just an additional index.html that has the priority over index.php due to that server's settings.
LavIgor wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:52 pm
You should try appending index.php to the URL.

abrogard

Post by abrogard » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:17 pm

@abrogard
As for the error, isn't there a typo in 'abrogard_mblfrum', especially in the frum part of it?
That's a good thought but in this instance it's the constraints of the host's setup that make for these 'mispelt' names.

So that one is okay as it turns out, they're all like that - 'squeezed in' to the permissible space.

But in fact there's the problem, all around that area. The host has told me he's corrected my config.php for the new platform, new database, new sql names,etc., ( like sqli ) and that's what he did on my other board.

But on this board he's only changed 'sql' to 'sqli' and hasn't changed the db names or anything else.

I just noticed it this morning. I reckon if I get all those changed all will come good. :)

3Di

Post by 3Di » Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:06 am

LavIgor wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:53 pm
@3Di
Files are not missing, the board is located at the domain root.
Which seems to be inconsistent with what the OP says?
abrogard wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:46 am
I was moved to a new platform by my host.
My phpbb boards went dead.
Rescued one. And now trying another: mblforum.com

This one is not in the root. It is in mblforum.com/phpbb

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:23 am

I think the problem is/was that he tried to install a board in a folder name phpbb in the root. since he already had a board installed at the root, it wound up with putting a new set of phpbb files in the already existing folder named phpbb.

If I am correct and you have one board installed in the root and you want another board installed in a folder here is what I would do.

delete the folder from the root named "phpbb" .
then, upload a brand new copy of the folder named "phpbb" from the full phpBB3 package to the root to replace the corrupted one.

now, if you still want another installation of phpBB then name it forum or board or anything but "phpbb" and try again.

robert
I am available for custom work on a donation basis. Please send me a PM with your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.2 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

OK, so what's the speed of dark?

3Di

Post by 3Di » Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:27 am

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:23 am
I think the problem is/was that he tried to install a board in a folder name phpbb in the root. since he already had a board installed at the root, it wound up with putting a new set of phpbb files in the already existing folder named phpbb.
I don't think so
viewtopic.php?p=15098381#p15098381

abrogard

Post by abrogard » Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:41 am

Which seems to be inconsistent with what the OP says?
Yes, that's right. But don't forget what I also said:
My god, another one of my hilarious, ridiculous mistakes.

No. It's not in /phpbb/ it is in the root. I don't know what those files are. They're not phpbb dirs are they? I didn't look. Took a glance and thought that's it.
I confuse myself. Because I always think of it as 'one level down' because, though it is not one directory level 'down' it is 'down' - 'hidden' behind the image map, as I said:
The board is accessed through an index.html which has an image map which calls index.php.
I have done, attempted, this in the past:
that he tried to install a board in a folder name phpbb in the root.
but I don't think I did it this time. That time.

I've rewritten the config.php but I still have mysql errors. I've messaged the host.

p.s.
board cache needs to be cleared (located in /cache directory).
I went there and took a look. There's only .htacess and an html file there. How to 'clear the cache' ?

:)

edit: Got a bit further. Host reports prob was a synax error in config file (an extra space) and now I've got a phpbb cache error they can't help with.

Here's the error output:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class 'phpbb\cache\driver\file' not found in /srv/disk2/1393753/www/mblforum.com/cache/container_0374ec857381230fa83049643ce3cdee.php:489 Stack trace: #0 /srv/disk2/1393753/www/mblforum.com/vendor/symfony/dependency-injection/Symfony/Component/DependencyInjection/Container.php(316): phpbb_cache_container->getCache_DriverService() #1 /srv/disk2/1393753/www/mblforum.com/vendor/symfony/dependency-injection/Symfony/Component/DependencyInjection/ContainerBuilder.php(431): Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\Container->get('cache.driver', 2) #2 /srv/disk2/1393753/www/mblforum.com/common.php(106): Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\ContainerBuilder->get('cache.driver') #3 /srv/disk2/1393753/www/mblforum.com/index.php(23): include('/srv/disk2/1393...') #4 {main} thrown in /srv/disk2/1393753/www/mblforum.com/cache/container_0374ec857381230fa83049643ce3cdee.php on line 489

Further Edit:

Latest news: Now got this 'container.....blah, blah...' file in the cache directory. don't know where it came from. wasn't there before (as I reported)... what to do? I've googled and learned that to clear the cache manually one simply deletes everything except index.htm and .htaccess. Well that's what was already done before this container thing showed up....

?

p.s. later edit: I know where that 'container...' file is from. Every time I try to get the board to run it creates that file. I moved it elsewhere and tried again and it appeared again....
Last edited by abrogard on Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:51 am, edited 4 times in total.

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”