Admin Reauthentication and Uploading Attachments

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
sean_lemieux

Admin Reauthentication and Uploading Attachments

Post by sean_lemieux » Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:11 pm

Hello, I'm new to this forum and recently became in charge of an existing phpbb forum. Its running version 3.2.2.

When logged in as an admin, it constantly asks me to re-authenticate myself every 3-5 clicks. Doesn't matter what I'm doing. Pruning new users, changing settings, etc. I constantly have to login over and over to get anything done. Anyone know how to fix this?

Second, the forum no longer allows direct uploading of attachments in posts even though all settings are set to yes and there is no limit on file size. Fields claim if set to 0 size is unlimited.

If anyone can help with either of these, it would be greatly appreciated. I can get any necessary follow-up information.

Thank you in advance for the help!

Lumpy Burgertushie

Re: Admin Reauthentication and Uploading Attachments

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:38 pm

the main bit of info we need to begin to offer accurate advice/help would be a link to the board in question.

the problem with having to reauthenticate would most likely be a cookie setting issue.
the attachment problem is for sure going to be a permissions issue somewhere.

robert
I am available for custom work on a donation basis. Please send me a PM with your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.2 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

OK, so what's the speed of dark?

sean_lemieux

Post by sean_lemieux » Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:50 pm

Here is the URL for the forum:

https://forum.nutsvolts.com

Under attachment settings, everything "to me" looks like it should allow them to be uploaded. Is there anywhere else under a permission tab that would need to be checked?

Thank you!

Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf » Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:55 pm

On your cookie settings, you need to set "Secure Cookie" to Yes.

sean_lemieux

Post by sean_lemieux » Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:29 pm

Awesome, changed that and it is working fine so far! Thank you!

Any advice on what the attachment settings should be set to so attachments are allowed to be uploaded directly to the forum and not through a third party link?

Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf » Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:33 pm

You have not told us what happens when you try to upload.

sean_lemieux

Post by sean_lemieux » Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:03 pm

The problem seems to be that attachments that were there before are no longer available and when trying to upload new ones, users get an error message that says either the file is too big, or the file type is not allowed. This forum has been active since 2001 and has always been hosted on our web servers with our websites but in the past few years, that has changed from godaddy to bluehost to jubjub (if that matters). There definitely was restrictions in the 'attachment settings' based on server space but they have been removed. So attachment settings in the fields "Total attachment quota:" and "Maximum file size:" are currently set to 0 as from what I understand, 0 is supposed to be "unlimited."

Here are a few of the comments from members with some of the error messages they get:

I've tried to repost the pictures since they seem to have disappeared. I just get an error. I'll try again.
Nope I get this message: "Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached."

Ok, first problem. jpg pics not allowed. Most common type.
I'll try png next.
Nope, not allowed! Grrr.
Also conclusion in rtf format not allowed.
Hmmm, maybe bmp? Awful large files with bmp though.
I'll try that later.
Nope. Error BMP file too big!

Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf » Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:17 pm

For the allowed extension types, check Manage Attachment Extensions and Manage Attachment Extension Groups.
Each group also has its own Quota, as well as the Quota that is set in Attachment settings.

sean_lemieux

Post by sean_lemieux » Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:35 pm

We have about 70 different extensions in the 'manage attachment extensions' section. After they are all listed alphabetically with the extension group being shown as not assigned, they appear again but grouped together in about 10 groups of similar file types (some groups have 2 extensions, 5, some even have 15). However, if I look at the group extension they are assigned to, every single one of them now say Archive instead of not assigned.

Now when I go to the 'manage attachment extension groups' there are 6 different groups (2 say allowed in posts, 4 say not allowed). The groups are:

Archive - Allowed
Images - Allowed
Documents - Not Allowed
Downloadable files - Not Allowed
Flash Files - Not Allowed
Plain Text - Not Allowed

Both the Archive and Images settings have the box checked that reads "Allow all Forums."
The maximum file size was set to 0 on both of the groups so I changed it to 50,000,000 bytes as that field doesn't specify 0 is unlimited.

Still am getting an error message when trying to upload an attachment that reads "The extension jpg is not allowed." It will say that for any type of file .pdf, .jpeg, .jpg, .png, .bmp, etc.

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”