Where do I go for 3.1 support now it's no longer provided here?

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Bruce Banner

Where do I go for 3.1 support now it's no longer provided here?

Post by Bruce Banner »

I can't use 3.2 as if I log out, I can't log back in again. That's a problem to do with cookies that I brought up (I think) a year ago that still hasn't been resolved yet. So I'm still using 3.1 (specifically 3.1.10), and I've just discovered a major problem. I can't save any profile information. If I enter something and click submit, I'm brought back to the form without any message saying my profile's been updated. And if I click edit profile again, the field I filled in is blank.
Scanialady
Name: Annette

Re: Where do I go for 3.1 support now it's no longer provided here?

Post by Scanialady »

My 2 cents: Whether an extension is in the CDB says nothing about its quality. It is more important to read the support topics for it. Better to avoid authors who do not answer support questions themselves, who do not update their stuff, and who do not fix bugs for years.
Bruce Banner

Post by Bruce Banner »

Scanialady wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:58 pm Cookie settings:
https://www.phpbb.com/support/docs/en/3 ... -settings/
Are you trying to show me how to fix my cookie settings so I can get 3.2 to work properly?
Scanialady
Name: Annette

Post by Scanialady »

yes.

Better to solve all problems step by step ;-)
Without correct cookie settings nothing can work right, isn't it? Not depending on your phpBB version.
My 2 cents: Whether an extension is in the CDB says nothing about its quality. It is more important to read the support topics for it. Better to avoid authors who do not answer support questions themselves, who do not update their stuff, and who do not fix bugs for years.
Bruce Banner

Post by Bruce Banner »

Scanialady wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:08 pm yes.

Better to solve all problems step by step ;-)
Without correct cookie settings nothing can work right, isn't it? Not depending on your phpBB version.
OK, I'll give it a try, thanks.

EDIT: Oops, I made a mistake. There was no problem with my cookies. The problem was I have an extension installed that makes one of the profile fields mandatory, and because I wasn't filling that one in, I wasn't allowed to save the one I had. Problem solved now.

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”