Uncaught Reflection Exception

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
abrogard
Name: arthur brogard

Uncaught Reflection Exception

Post by abrogard » Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:39 pm

Host moved me onto a 'new platform'.

Broke all my boards and such.

Trying to get mblforum.com back up we rewrote config.php but are still not successful.

Now got this error:
Fatal error: Uncaught ReflectionException: Class phpbb\cache\driver\file does not exist in /srv/disk2/1393753/www/mblforum.com/vendor/symfony/dependency-injection/Symfony/Component/DependencyInjection/ContainerBuilder.php:888 Stack trace: #0 /srv/disk2/1393753/www/mblforum.com/vendor/symfony/dependency-injection/Symfony/Component/DependencyInjection/ContainerBuilder.php(888): ReflectionClass->__construct('phpbb\\cache\\dri...') #1 /srv/disk2/1393753/www/mblforum.com/vendor/symfony/dependency-injection/Symfony/Component/DependencyInjection/ContainerBuilder.php(456): Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\ContainerBuilder->createService(Object(Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\Definition), 'cache.driver') #2 /srv/disk2/1393753/www/mblforum.com/common.php(106): Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\ContainerBuilder->get('cache.driver') #3 /srv/disk2/1393753/www/mblforum.com/index.php(23): include('/srv/disk2/1393...') #4 {main} thrown in /srv/disk2/1393753/www/mblforum.com/vendor/symfony/dependency-injection/Symfony/Component/DependencyInjection/ContainerBuilder.php on line 888

The cache dir is empty except for index.html and .htaccess.

And, every time I attempt to bring the board up it writes this 'container...' file.

Anyone know what perhaps I could do? This just happens to be a board with a little bit of data in it that I'd like to keep so I don't want to do a wholesale delete and reinstall.

Lumpy Burgertushie

Re: Uncaught Reflection Exception

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:49 pm

what do you have the cache folder chmod set to? it should be set to 777

what do you have the vendor folder set to? it should be set to 755

robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.2 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If a tree falls in the forest and nobody is there, does it make a sound?

abrogard

Post by abrogard » Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:17 pm

what do you have the cache folder chmod set to? it should be set to 777

what do you have the vendor folder set to? it should be set to 755
I leapt at that thinking that might do it.. cache was 755. So I changed it. Unfortunately that didn't do it.

But I guess the prob might be in there somewhere - any other permissions I should change? I'll take a look at a working setup and see if I can see any differences...

The error message has changed a bit. It now quotes a 'line 489'. In what I don't know but perhaps there's a clue there is anyone knows what file it is reading..

Here is the current error message - which I suppose really everyone, anyone, will get if they try to access the board..

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class 'phpbb\cache\driver\file' not found in /srv/disk2/1393753/www/mblforum.com/cache/container_0374ec857381230fa83049643ce3cdee.php:489 Stack trace: #0 /srv/disk2/1393753/www/mblforum.com/vendor/symfony/dependency-injection/Symfony/Component/DependencyInjection/Container.php(316): phpbb_cache_container->getCache_DriverService() #1 /srv/disk2/1393753/www/mblforum.com/vendor/symfony/dependency-injection/Symfony/Component/DependencyInjection/ContainerBuilder.php(431): Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\Container->get('cache.driver', 2) #2 /srv/disk2/1393753/www/mblforum.com/common.php(106): Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\ContainerBuilder->get('cache.driver') #3 /srv/disk2/1393753/www/mblforum.com/index.php(23): include('/srv/disk2/1393...') #4 {main} thrown in /srv/disk2/1393753/www/mblforum.com/cache/container_0374ec857381230fa83049643ce3cdee.php on line 489

GanstaZ

Post by GanstaZ » Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:30 pm

Do you have this file.php in forum root/phpbb/cache/driver/ ?
"When answer lies in the question,.. question becomes redundant!"

abrogard

Post by abrogard » Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:43 pm

Do you have this file.php in forum root/phpbb/cache/driver/ ?
No. I do not.

But I see it exists in root/phpbb/cache/driver on my working board thespectatorforum...

A bit confusing this two 'cache' directories. One in root and one in /phpbb/

GanstaZ

Post by GanstaZ » Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:55 pm

One is for cache to be stored (container and so on) and other is for available drivers (switch/choose) to use.
"When answer lies in the question,.. question becomes redundant!"

abrogard

Post by abrogard » Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:23 am

perhaps my whole phpbb/ directory has been damaged. Is it generic at all? Could i copy over from a working installation?

Noxwizard
Support Team Leader
Support Team Leader
Name: Patrick Webster

Post by Noxwizard » Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:29 am

abrogard wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:39 pm
Class phpbb\cache\driver\file does not exist
abrogard wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:23 am
perhaps my whole phpbb/ directory has been damaged. Is it generic at all? Could i copy over from a working installation?
Yes, that's often an indicator that the file either does not exist, or was not uploaded in its entirety. The phpbb/ directory is generic and can be replaced with a fresh copy from the Full Download package on our Downloads page.
[Support Template] - [Read Before Posting] - [phpBB Knowledge Base]
Do not contact me for private support, please share the question in our forums.

abrogard

Post by abrogard » Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:50 am

Thanks for that. A ray of hope.

By the same token, then, I could just copy over from a working phpbb installation on my host's server?

Save any uploads/downloads.

:)

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:04 am

probably yes, but why worry about saving any uploads/downloads? it will take less than a second for that file to be uploaded.

also, purge the cache. delete everything in the cache folder except for the indes and htaccess files.

hard refresh your browser.
crtl+f5

abrogard

Post by abrogard » Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:34 am

it will take less than a second for that file to be uploaded.
'..that file..' ? You mean the whole phpbb directory tree? That's what I'm proposing to do.

With the newness and the hassles I'm having with this new platform I'm not sure I could ftp straight into it. I was thinking it'd be easier to work right there on the host and just copy files.

But I just took a look and tried. Normal file handling doesn't work. I can't just copy and paste whole dirs.

I might have to download the phpbb dir to my machine and then ftp back up to there after deleting or renaming the phpbb tree on there. It's not going to be a one minute job, that's for sure.

Mind you maybe that's all my fault, making a mountain out of a molehill, I often do that... if there's a quick one minute easy way.. please let me know...

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:40 am

ok the phpbb directory. it still doesn't take much time unless you are on very very slow internet.

remember we are talking about the directory named "phpbb" that is within your main phpBB directory.
you should have a clean copy of phpBB on your computer just for things like this.
robert

abrogard

Post by abrogard » Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:50 am

Yep, well I will have now. It's unzipping right now. funny thing, it reported 3000 + files 'with the same name' so maybe there was something already on my hard drive that I've forgotten about.. I've overwritten them.

and I just got filezilla again (this whole machine is slowly being rebuilt from a system disk failure) and I'll see how I go with ftp'ing.

Edit: Later.

Well we've moved right along. What I've got now is a 'catchable error'.
===================================================================
Catchable fatal error: Object of class phpbb\config_php_file could not be converted to string in /srv/disk2/1393753/www/mblforum.com/phpbb/di/container_builder.php on line 393
=================================================================

Maybe because I haven't done anything to the cache directory. It is just exactly as uploaded by ftp. It needs 'purging' ?

Thing is there is no 'index.html' or '.htaccess', there's only a 'services.php' file in there.

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”