Post Confirmation

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Aidy

Post Confirmation

Post by Aidy »

How would I change settings so all posts require confirmation until 50 posts?
david63

Re: Post Confirmation

Post by david63 »

Aidy wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:34 pm How would I change settings so all posts require confirmation until 50 posts?
Do you mean 50 posts per user or 50 post per topic?

For the user ACP > User registration settings > New member post limit: = 50 - but that would only apply to new members (if you wanted existing members to be included then you would have to put them in the Newly Registered Users group) If your board is busy then it will make a lot of work. Also having a limit of 50 will act as a disincentive for many to post plus you run the risk of posts not making sense as the could be out of sequence.

If you want the limit by topic then you will need to request an extension.
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

if the purpose of this is to combat spam there are much better ways.

what this will do is push members away instead of getting them to post and grow your board.

robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
Aidy

Post by Aidy »

90% of users first posts are spam, i'm spending a lot of time deleting those as I don't want them on the forum.

I've also disabled all links to try and prevent any unsafe outbound links from the forum.

Maybe a reasonable suggestion would be 5-10 posts.
david63

Post by david63 »

Aidy wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:32 am Maybe a reasonable suggestion would be 5-10 posts.
Another suggestion would be to have a Q&A that cannot be Googled - that will stop 99% of spam.
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC »

Indeed. You're creating extra work for yourself if you want that many posts in the queue.

Stop them registering in the first place with a good Q&A.

1-2 posts on the queue is more than enough to catch out spammers. Their primary objective it to post their spam as soon as possible and that's what the vast majority do. The ones that are more difficult are those that make sleeper accounts, post something normal and then come back to edit it at a later date but you can get around that with a max edit limit in the post settings.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
"Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb"

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”