Can't access ACP after upgrade from phpBB2.0

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
madelharri

Can't access ACP after upgrade from phpBB2.0

Post by madelharri » Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:49 pm

I've successfully converted a forum from phpBB2.0 to the latest version and can see all of the topics and posts, however I am unable to get to the ACP. I try to login but it never shows my username and carries on saying login on the top right and I can not see the link to the admin panel. I've even been into the database and changed the admin password but it's still not letting me in. Am I doing something wrong?
I am using PHP5.6, MySql v5.5. I haven't done anything after the install apart from using the conversion tool to bring across the content from the old board, deleting the install directory and accessing the admin user on the database to change the password in case that was the problem.

Lumpy Burgertushie

Re: Can't access ACP after upgrade from phpBB2.0

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:49 pm

if you changed the database password did you also update the config.php file show that new password? did you purge the cache after editing the config.php file?

robert
I am available for custom work on a donation basis. Please send me a PM with your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.2 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

OK, so what's the speed of dark?

stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Post by stevemaury » Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:03 pm

Please fill out the Support Request Template and post it back here to enable us to assist you better.
For REALLY good and VERY inexpensive hosting CLICK HERE

I can stop all your spam. PM or email me.

All unsolicited PMs will be ignored.

madelharri

Post by madelharri » Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:41 am

Support Request Template
What version of phpBB are you using? phpBB 3.2.3
What is your board's URL? http://anglophone-direct.com/phpBB3/
Who do you host your board with? OVH
How did you install your board? I used the download package from phpBB.com
What is the most recent action performed on your board? Conversion from phpBB2
Is registration required to reproduce this issue? No
Do you have any MODs installed? Yes
Do you have any extensions installed? No
What MODs do you have installed? Anti Bot Question MOD
What styles do you currently have installed? custom one called anglophone (I didn't set up)
What language(s) is your board currently using? British English
Which database type/version are you using? MySQL 5
What is your level of experience? New to phpBB but not PHP
What actions did you take (updating your board; installing a MOD, style or extension; etc.) prior to this problem becoming noticeable? Conversion from phpBB2.0
Please describe your problem. Can't access admin panel or login.
Generated by SRT Generator

I've realised that it might be the style template and/or the Anti Bot Question MOD. I'll try the conversion again with them both disabled and report back.

madelharri

Post by madelharri » Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:40 am

Just ran the conversion again and initially had no joy, until I swapped to Chrome from Firefox at which point it worked perfectly, so it is a browser issue. I'm using Firefox 62.0.3 (64-bit). Should I report a bug?

Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:34 am

What antibot "mod" (phpBB uses extensions these days) are you using, can you post a link to it please? Also, check your cookie settings, the Cookie domain shows anglophone-direct.com and it should be .anglophone-direct.com, note the leading dot. See Fixing incorrect cookie settings. I don't believe the issue you're having with FF is phpBB related but go ahead and post in the bug tracker if you wish.

IMHO I'd say you'll be better off using the built in Q&A with a non-searchable (as in Google) Q&A. That along with setting the NRU group post threshold to one so that each new users first post has to be approved will stop 99% of bots. Human spammers will be trapped until you approve their first post or you kill them.
"The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski

There are no ‘threads’ in phpBB, they are topics.

madelharri

Post by madelharri » Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:04 pm

Mick wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:34 am
What antibot "mod" (phpBB uses extensions these days) are you using, can you post a link to it please? Also, check your cookie settings, the Cookie domain shows anglophone-direct.com and it should be .anglophone-direct.com, note the leading dot. See Fixing incorrect cookie settings. I don't believe the issue you're having with FF is phpBB related but go ahead and post in the bug tracker if you wish.

IMHO I'd say you'll be better off using the built in Q&A with a non-searchable (as in Google) Q&A. That along with setting the NRU group post threshold to one so that each new users first post has to be approved will stop 99% of bots. Human spammers will be trapped until you approve their first post or you kill them.
Hi Mick,
I was updating someone else's work and they had installed the MOD. It and the customised theme are now banished.
My query now is how do I sort out the problem of not being able to log in with Firefox. But I will see if I can find a way round that before posting in the bug tracker.
Last edited by madelharri on Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:14 pm

you still haven't changed the cookie domain to show the dot in front.

until you get that done it will be hard to know if that is the problem or not.

if things work in one browser but not in another one, that is usually a fault of the cache of the browser.

make sure that you clear the browser cache and test.

also could be a different cache system from your host.

if you have cloudfare turned on with your host, turn it off and test.

robert
I am available for custom work on a donation basis. Please send me a PM with your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.2 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

OK, so what's the speed of dark?

madelharri

Post by madelharri » Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:32 pm

I've now sorted out the cookie domain and cleared all caches and cookies, and it is now working in Firefox. Sorry to have been a pain and thanks for all of your help.

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”