Read only setting not working

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
menz01

Read only setting not working

Post by menz01 »

i created a group to put my users in if they "mess up" and it supposed to make them read only for the board. i put my users in this group and make it their default group and when i go "test that users permissions" i see that i can still post in all my forums. why isn't read only working?
pikachuturkey
Name: Rıza

Re: Read only setting not working

Post by pikachuturkey »

İf a User or users at 2 or more groups same time, they have all permissions of all groups which they are member.
You must set "never" option at least one group for restrict.
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC »

When you test a users permissions you are still you and can do the things you can do.

If that group has the permission of 'can post replies' and 'can start topics' set to NEVER then they will not be able to post in those forums. If you set it to NO, then the YES permission from the registered users group that they should still be in will override it.
The default setting just selects their username colour and has no say over the permission priority.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
"Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb"
menz01

Post by menz01 »

KevC wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:20 pm When you test a users permissions you are still you and can do the things you can do.
really...cause when i get the permissions right, and "test a users permissions" i am not able to post if that is what i set the permissions as, then i "revert" and i get my admin permissions back

KevC wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:20 pmIf that group has the permission of 'can post replies' and 'can start topics' set to NEVER then they will not be able to post in those forums. If you set it to NO, then the YES permission from the registered users group that they should still be in will override it.
The default setting just selects their username colour and has no say over the permission priority.
that was it... i never knew the difference between "No" and "Never" now i do. my read only users were getting their permissions from the registered users group as well as you stated

thanks for the help

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”