phpBB destroys existing session. Can I stop this.

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
BeNice

phpBB destroys existing session. Can I stop this.

Post by BeNice » Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:02 pm

I have a development web site, very insecure, and I have just added an option to go to a newly installed phpBB forum. However if I go to the forum, when I return, all my session info has been deleted.

While security IS important there can be overkill and in this case cleaning up YOUR session kills my session.

I presume the session destroy is activated on first coming into the board? The likelihood of two different users using the same browser session to visit the forum is ZERO so there is no need for a session destroy.

Is there a way of killing off this session destroy? I have searched the forums here and seen no way to disable this session destroy.

TIA

Steve

Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: phpBB destroys existing session. Can I stop this.

Post by Mick » Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:22 am

Morning,

Please fill out the Support Request Template and post it back here to enable us to assist you better.
"The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski

There are no ‘threads’ in phpBB, they are topics.

BeNice

Post by BeNice » Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:13 pm

Mick u fixed it many thanks....

Oh OK for several rounds of to and fro it seemed to be killing session variable now it is not. I suspect I have changed something but I know not what either that or you are a white hat hacker of prodigious skills.

ATB Steve

Jaxon423

Post by Jaxon423 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:10 am

BeNice wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:02 pm
I have a development web site, very insecure, and I have just added an option to go to a newly installed phpBB forum. However if I go to the forum, when I return, all my session info has been deleted.

While security IS important there can be overkill and in this case cleaning up YOUR session kills my session.

I presume the session destroy is activated on first coming into the board? The likelihood of two different users using the same browser session to visit the forum is ZERO so there is no need for a session destroy.

Is there a way of killing off this session destroy? I have searched the forums here and seen no way to disable this session destroy.
Why not call the PHPBB log out routine and pass your session ID

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”