Acitve Account Error

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Re: Acitve Account Error

Post by stevemaury » Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:41 am

Is there some further information you have which can use to help you?
For REALLY good and VERY inexpensive hosting CLICK HERE

I can stop all your spam. PM or email me.

All unsolicited PMs will be ignored.

johnnycashy

Post by johnnycashy » Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:25 am

the forum is broken and even a restore is not help. I love it!

johnnycashy

Post by johnnycashy » Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:31 am

Can anyone tell me, where all the users, posts and forums are stored ? Where is the typical place for databases ?
Thank you

johnnycashy

Post by johnnycashy » Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:33 am

I got help from my hoster.
The problem seems to be related to a prior installation.

The problem been removed by:
had to rename the following folder.

~/public_html/my_site/my_forum/install

To:

~/public_html/my_site/my_forum/install-removed

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:47 am

glad you got it sorted out. however, if the install folder is still there it will usually give you a screen that tells you to remove it or the board won't work.

also, just to keep in mind; all of the users/forums/posts etc. are in the database. unless you or somebody specifically delete the database the board is still there even if all the files in the ftp get deleted.

luck,
robert
I am available for custom work on a donation basis. Please send me a PM with your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.2 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

OK, so what's the speed of dark?

johnnycashy

Post by johnnycashy » Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:50 pm

Hello,
thank you for support.
But i still have the problem that registration causes an error.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function () in /home/user/public_html/website/forum/includes/functions_messenger.php
on line 1799

Can you help me to remov this ?

The last solution, uploading latest phpBB version got me into trouble.
Thank you

warmweer

Post by warmweer » Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:33 pm

johnnycashy wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:50 pm
Hello,
thank you for support.
But i still have the problem that registration causes an error.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function () in /home/user/public_html/website/forum/includes/functions_messenger.php
on line 1799
line 1799 in in the function phpbb_mail
$result = $config['email_function_name']($to, mail_encode($subject, ''), wordwrap(utf8_wordwrap($msg), 997, "\n", true), $headers);
johnnycashy wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:50 pm
The last solution, uploading latest phpBB version got me into trouble.
From what I gather, your board had a problem from the beginning.
You're trying to update from 3.2.0 to 3.2.3.
Normally there shouldn't be any problem if you followed the instructions to the letter
4.i. Full package

Updating using the full package is the recommended update method for boards without modifications to core phpBB files.

First, you should make a copy of your existing config.php file; keep it in a safe place! Next, delete all the existing phpBB files, you should leave your files/, images/ and ext/ directories in place, otherwise you will lose your file attachments, uploaded images and get errors due to missing extension files. You can leave alternative styles in place too. With this complete, you can upload the new phpBB files (see New installation for details if necessary). Once complete, copy back your saved config.php, replacing the new one. Another method is to just replace the existing files with the files from the full package - though make sure you do not overwrite your config.php file.

You should now got to /install/app.php/update which will display a warning: No valid update directory was found, please make sure you uploaded the relevant files. Beneath that warning you will see a radio button Update database only, just click Submit. Depending on your previous version this will make a number of database changes. You may receive FAILURES during this procedure. They should not be a cause for concern unless you see an actual ERROR, in which case the script will stop (in this case you should seek help via our forums or bug tracker). If you have shell access to your server, you may wish to update via the command line interface. From your board's root, execute the following command: php bin/phpbbcli.php --safe-mode db:migrate.

Once /install/app.php/update has completed, it displays the success message: The database update was successful. You may proceed to the Administration Control Panel and then remove the install directory as advised.
Retry the procedure as described.
Delete all the phpBB directories from your host except for the 3 mentioned. Delete all the files in the phpBB directories except for config.php (of which you should take a backup anyway and store in a safe place).
Unpack the 3.2.3 package on you PC. (do not try to unpack directly to your online forum root
Upload all the files and directories which you have just unpacked to your online forum root.
Then run the install/app.php and do Update database only.

It's been done thousands of times by thousands. There's nothing wrong with the package.
A bug is a feature that hasn't made it to the manual (yet)

johnnycashy

Post by johnnycashy » Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:22 pm

Ok, i will give it try. Delete all except config.php and directories where uploads etc. are stored.

warmweer

Post by warmweer » Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:26 pm

Forgot something.
You may want to keep your _store directory also (in case you have backups there or other files you want to keep - you can delet all other files in that directory)
A bug is a feature that hasn't made it to the manual (yet)

johnnycashy

Post by johnnycashy » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:51 pm

Hello,
Just about to upload new phpBB files.
I kept the folders you mentioned.

Not sure about next steps. Running

Code: Select all

install/app.php
?
if yes, how to do this ? Anything else i have to do ?

Thank you for advice

johnnycashy

Post by johnnycashy » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:05 am

Hello,
figured out how to update. There was the radio button like described, i press update. It reported "successfull".

But when i call my forum it is broken again:
Warning: include(/home/user/public_html/website/forum/vendor/marc1706/fast-image-size/lib/Type/TypeBmp.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/metatr62/public_html/trade-commander.com/tc_forum/vendor/composer/ClassLoader.php on line 412

Warning: include(): Failed opening '/home/user/public_html/website/forum/vendor/marc1706/fast-image-size/lib/Type/TypeBmp.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php56/pear') in /home/metatr62/public_html/trade-commander.com/tc_forum/vendor/composer/ClassLoader.php on line 412

Fatal error: Class '\FastImageSize\Type\TypeBmp' not found in /home/user/public_html/website/forum/vendor/marc1706/fast-image-size/lib/FastImageSize.php on line 85

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:06 am

just go to yourdomain.com/yourphpbb/install

do not put the app.php after it.
then click on the update tab. then click on the update button, then click on update database only.

robert
I am available for custom work on a donation basis. Please send me a PM with your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.2 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

OK, so what's the speed of dark?

johnnycashy

Post by johnnycashy » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:19 am

Thank you.
did this. Just go to .../install. Select update tab. Click submit. Running with success but same result.

johnnycashy

Post by johnnycashy » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:20 am

Could it be a php version issue ?

johnnycashy

Post by johnnycashy » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:45 am

It seems that php version 5.6.38 installed. I could upgrade to 7.3 or other 7.x.

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”