Creating posts without approval from my IP address

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Nocol333

Creating posts without approval from my IP address

Post by Nocol333 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:05 pm

How to do it so that every post from an unregistered user has to be manually approved, only from my IP address would it be without approval as unregistered?

thank you for answer

warmweer

Re: Creating posts without approval from my IP address

Post by warmweer » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:12 pm

Nocol333 wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:05 pm
How to do it so that every post from an unregistered user has to be manually approved, only from my IP address would it be without approval as unregistered?

thank you for answer
An unregistered user is a guest: so you have to allow guest to post and guest post should be in a moderation queu (for each forum). It's in the ACP: group forum permissions.

As to the second part; that would need an extension but it implies that you would need a fixed IP.
A bug is a feature that hasn't made it to the manual (yet)

KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:23 pm

Only people with the correct moderator permission can approve posts so as long as only you have that, no one else can approve them, regardless of the IP.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
Cheap UK Hosting
"In the land of the blind the little green bloke with no pupils is king - init!"

Nocol333

Post by Nocol333 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:51 pm

As to the second part; that would need an extension but it implies that you would need a fixed IP.

I have a fixed IP

extension???

stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Post by stevemaury » Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:09 pm

As KevC says, if you are the only one with permission to approve posts, then what you are asking is unnecessary.

An extension is an add-on to create or change functionality. You don't need one.

Prepare to spend a lot of time approving posts if you allow Guest posting.
For REALLY good and VERY inexpensive hosting CLICK HERE

I can stop all your spam. PM or email me.

All unsolicited PMs will be ignored.

Nocol333

Post by Nocol333 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:19 pm

You do not seem to understand me. Allow all guests to approve posts except one IP
One IP adress 174.15.45xxxxx post without approval.

warmweer

Post by warmweer » Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:25 pm

Nocol333 wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:19 pm
You do not seem to understand me. Allow all guests to approve posts except one IP
One IP adress 174.15.45xxxxx post without approval.
The part I marked in red is ludicrous and not what you meant.
stevemaury did in fact perfectly understand what you said: guest are allowed to post but their posts have to be approved before they become visible.
And that can be achieved with the permission system.

Your second question is clear to us but no forum system that I know has has such a feature. In other words, something has to be made: an extension.

addition: there is a simple way: give yourself the name guest (or the equivalent in your language). Log in and use autogin (set the expiry date to somewhere in the next century) and never log out.

Nocol333

Post by Nocol333 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:40 pm

addition: there is a simple way: give yourself the name guest (or the equivalent in your language). Log in and use autogin (set the expiry date to somewhere in the next century) and never log out.
I do not understand

warmweer

Post by warmweer » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:27 pm

Nocol333 wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:40 pm
I do not understand
Have you used phpBB before?
The permission system is very powerful and you as administrator can define what a user can and cannot do.
So you could have an extra account which would stay logged in all the time. With your admln account you can give that user (also yourself) specific permissions so that you appear to be a guest (the only thing I'm not sure of is the profilepane on the right where some info is shown which could prove that you are not a guest, and the fact that the username is clickable - but a workaround could be found or made).
In short, your posting permissions would not be IP-dependent but linked to your account (as a guest impersonator - or should I say impostor).

Nocol333

Post by Nocol333 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:36 pm

But I need to change Nick.

warmweer

Post by warmweer » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:49 pm

Nocol333 wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:36 pm
But I need to change Nick.
What do you mean by "Nick". nickname? you mean username?
If that is your question, the answer is no.
You have auseraccount as Admin which you do not need to modify.
You could make an extra user for yourself, put it in a hidden group, give yourself admin permissions, anything you choose.
There are many ways to accomplish something, some nice and easy, others more difficult to set up.

I do have have a few objections to posing as a guest poster in your own forum (but these thoughts are beyond the scope of phpBB so I'll keep them to myself).

Nocol333

Post by Nocol333 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:32 pm

Whitelist for Guest? no existence?

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:02 pm

sorry but you are simply making no sense about what you are trying to accomplish and why.

you really should not let guests post at all, with or without approval.
I have no idea what you are trying to say about only people from your IP being able to post without approval. there is no need to set anything from that if you have a static IP address because nobody but you would be posting from that IP to begin with.

you seem to be having a problem explaining what you are trying to do. please try again so that we can understand what you want and help you get it.

robert
I am available for custom work on a donation basis. Please send me a PM with your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.2 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

OK, so what's the speed of dark?

warmweer

Post by warmweer » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:47 pm

I was in a phpBB 3.0 mood this afternoon and took up an old hobby of mine: modding, and created something (quick and dirty) as POC (proof of concept)
Clipboard03.jpg
The first post was made by a legitimate guest. The second post was made by a registered user posing as a guest.
Like I said: quick and dirty: I had to modify viewtopic_body.html to prevent the profile part showing the post count, etc... of the fake guest user, but that affects all users. The username of the registered (fake) guest is till clickable though so that can give away his fake status.
Also, there are other things that would have to be done: the fake guest is visible in the whoisonline as registerd (or hidden) and other things which could point to "fake guest user" not being a guest.
At this time the colour of the fakeaccount name isn't exactly the same as the colour of the real guest account (I gave him a group colour)(not really visible in the printscreen - but it's visible on the board.)
Anyway, using the group template extension it should be possible to adapt viewtopic_body.html to show things differently to a guest than to a registered member.

That's it: what the TS wants is actually simple to make. If I can achieve this in a bit more than an hour, someone with more experience should be able to cook the complete package in a day (but some more thought has to go in it, the concept is there but a lot of details still have to be filled in).

I have to say: getting something to work in a couple of hours by modding, as opposed to working days and days on a simple extension, makes me feel good.

KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:13 pm

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:02 pm
sorry but you are simply making no sense about what you are trying to accomplish and why.

you really should not let guests post at all, with or without approval.
I have no idea what you are trying to say about only people from your IP being able to post without approval. there is no need to set anything from that if you have a static IP address because nobody but you would be posting from that IP to begin with.

you seem to be having a problem explaining what you are trying to do. please try again so that we can understand what you want and help you get it.
If I understand it right, the OP wants a guest posting forum where all of the visitors posts are on a mod queue but the OP can also post as a guest but not be on the mod queue. Posts from their IP only, go straight through.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
Cheap UK Hosting
"In the land of the blind the little green bloke with no pupils is king - init!"

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”