500 errors caused by search.php

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
wedgef5

500 errors caused by search.php

Post by wedgef5 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:23 am

Support Request Template
What version of phpBB are you using? phpBB 3.2.2
What is your board's URL? http://www.nfltkc.org/forum/
Who do you host your board with? GoDaddy
How did you install your board? I used the download package from phpBB.com
What is the most recent action performed on your board? Update from a previous version of phpBB3
Is registration required to reproduce this issue? Yes
Do you have any MODs installed? No
Do you have any extensions installed? No
What version of phpBB3 did you update from? phpBB 3.0.12
What styles do you currently have installed? prosilver
What language(s) is your board currently using? British English
Which database type/version are you using? MySQL 5
What is your level of experience? Comfortable with PHP and phpBB
What username can be used to view this issue? No answer given
What password can be used to view this issue? No answer given
What actions did you take (updating your board; installing a MOD, style or extension; etc.) prior to this problem becoming noticeable? I am not certain when this problem began, but I think it's started fairly recently, which is long after our upgrade to 3.2.2
Please describe your problem. Some Quick Links are not working. Unread Post and Active posts are both causing a 500 error. The server error log has the following...

[Thu Nov 15 15:16:23 2018] [3515976] [fcgid:warn] (104)Connection reset by peer: [client 76.92.163.176:63125] mod_fcgid: error reading data from FastCGI server, referer http://www.nfltkc.org/forum/index.php
[Thu Nov 15 15:16:23 2018] [3515976] [core:error] [client 76.92.163.176:63125] End of script output before headers: search.php, referer http://www.nfltkc.org/forum/index.php

PLEASE NOTE: I would prefer to not share account information to our board, unless absolutely necessary. Should this become necessary, I can share it via PM.
Generated by SRT Generator

david63
Jr. Extension Validator
Name: David Wood

Re: 500 errors caused by search.php

Post by david63 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:21 am

A quick Google search would have found that this error is normally related to FcgidBusyTimeout which is a server configuration problem. You can try this fix or you will need to speak with your hosts.
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!
My CDB Contributions | How to install an extension
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.
No support requests via PM or email as they will be ignored

wedgef5

Re: 500 errors caused by search.php

Post by wedgef5 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:49 am

I did search for that, as well as the "End of script output before headers" error message. I got a variety of suggestions from each, which confused me, so I came here looking for more definitive guidance.

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”