Add Social Icons and link in additional Nav bar

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
maxwellqc13
Name: Max

Add Social Icons and link in additional Nav bar

Post by maxwellqc13 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:04 am

I know this has been asked many times in different forms on here and I did have them in an older version but have struggled since updating to 3.2.x. Since I am doing the 3.2.4 tonight I thought I would try again.

PHP 5.6.38 and 7.2 current is 5.6 will switch to 7.2 after this update
phpBB 3.2.3
Extensions - Many including Sitemaker

I am using the Sitemaker and Sitemaker Contents extensions that create the addition nav bar seen in the image below. I would like to add icons with link to this for our social sites. If someone could point me in a direction to code for this it would be appreciated. Have searched here and Git for extension to do this but no success.
Header SM.png

***Not related to this but a few minutes ago I was trying to pull up the FA custom BBCode on here I have used before and there is an error on the page.

Lumpy Burgertushie

Re: Add Social Icons and link in additional Nav bar

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:36 am

you would need to contact the author of that extension for help on how to modify it.

rpobert
I am available for custom work on a donation basis. Please send me a PM with your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.2 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

OK, so what's the speed of dark?

maxwellqc13
Name: Max

Post by maxwellqc13 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:33 am

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:36 am
you would need to contact the author of that extension for help on how to modify it.

rpobert
Thank you for the reply I should have left my question more open. It does not have to be in that nav bar I just want them up there some place and thought it would be easier then in main site nav. I am not a coder but I am starting to understand the workings to where I am comfortable making the changes. I have spent many hours on this thinking it should be simple since they are in the header here and many other phpBB boards,

I did post this to Blitze along with another actual issue on an extension conflict I found but have not received a reply on here or Git. It has been a few weeks so I need to move on.

If this is just something I can't do in 3.2.x with my own personal coding abilities please let me know so can stop trying figure out.

Thanks again.

vader696
Translator

Post by vader696 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:35 pm

Read this topic viewtopic.php?p=15031126

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:24 pm

actually, that topic is full of incorrect information.
the correct post in that topic is this one: viewtopic.php?p=15031421#p15031421

robert
I am available for custom work on a donation basis. Please send me a PM with your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.2 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

OK, so what's the speed of dark?

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”