Question...

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
crazycatlady

Question...

Post by crazycatlady » Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:19 am

I went to the irc room on freenode as directed for assistance with a serious issue I was having with my board. This was a few months ago. I basically got snubbed. No one even replied to my question.... others asked questions and got replies but not me....

Here is the ORIGINAL question..... I was running 3.2.3

I was on a cpanel server with mysql and barely anything worked.... could not use avatars etc..... or skins nothing not even extensions.... my techy was a moron and although I was supposed to have root access my password never worked....

I received no reply to this issue so I moved servers...... to a debian server with mariadb and plesk control panel ... for some reason this server refused to install 3.2.3 so, since I did not have root access to the old server I had to move everything manually. This also did not work.

Once again I went to the irc room and got no help.....

I tried to upload the DB and nothing worked.....

Out of frustration I tried installing 3.2.2 and that worked..... but then my new techy hand fed the 3.2.3 DB into the 3.2.2 install and we had a few glitches, but overall it worked....

I went again to the irc room and asked for help figuring out how to fix the glitches.... a few commented but wouldn't even look at the error code so their comments did not even apply to the situation. When I would try to explain to show them they would all go silent....

The main glitch was that the extension tab in admin gave me an error that pages_module.php did not exist....
The board would also not display images and the uploaded extensions did not work.

So, after MONTHS of trying to work on this I went today back to the irc channel.... had a few smart asses.... one did pm me and told me where to look etc.... I made a clone of the DB and was looking in the clone that is how I figured out I was missing a module.....

So, in reading your support documents the upgrade seemed like it might work to fix the issue. But when I closed out the clone DB the entire forum disappeared. I did nothing to the main DB so this is very perplexing....

I went into ftp to LOOK but I changed nothing..... I looked in ssh but again changed nothing... yet now the entire forum is just gone.... all the files are there... but it will not even display....

I have no faith honestly that I will get help as I have emailed support here and gotten no reply.... I have been in the irc room for DAYS on end and gotten no help.....

I am ready to wipe it and start over but I want to preserve my user accounts and posts.....

If I begin with a fresh install of the newst version... will the DB I have load into it without glitches???

KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: Question...

Post by KevC » Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:51 am

I see you have another topic open so I guess your update issues will be addressed in that but it's always important to state exactly what the error message is rather than saying 'it doesn't work' or 'something says it's missing'.
crazycatlady wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:19 am
I have no faith honestly that I will get help as I have emailed support here and gotten no reply.
We don't have a support email address so that's not surprising that you haven't had a reply.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
Cheap UK Hosting
"In the land of the blind the little green bloke with no pupils is king - init!"

crazycatlady

Re: Question...

Post by crazycatlady » Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:48 pm

this issue figured out.....

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”