OAuth leading to empty page

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
JonathanFV

OAuth leading to empty page

Post by JonathanFV » Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:24 pm

Hi everyone. I intend to create a forum but before creating the real thing I'm doing some tests, and I'm having a problem with oauth. I'm testing it with Google and Facebook so far, and it keeps leading to an empty page when it redirects to my test forum. I did get errors with both Google and Facebook, but I fixed those and get them to agree to sign me in. Now it just seems like phpBB doesn't do anything with those authorizations. Does anyone knows why that is?

AbaddonOrmuz
Name: Alfredo Ramos

Re: OAuth leading to empty page

Post by AbaddonOrmuz » Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:46 pm

Check your logs, blank pages usually mean that your server suppressed an error, it's not shown to avoid leak private information.
A proudly user of Arch Linux :: /r/sddm_themes

JonathanFV

Post by JonathanFV » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:12 pm

I'm trying to dig in it. I can only get access logs, not other logs. Nothing looked weird in those. I searched for htaccess files, and only found one with nothing important in it. Seems like I'll have to ask my hosting service about the problem, as it's likely part of their systemic Apache config. Thank you.

JonathanFV

Post by JonathanFV » Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:30 am

Hey, it ended up working. Thanks a lot! Turns out, there was an option in Cpanel where I could allow php to show errors, and also choose what version of php was used to host my website. I chose 7.2 and let php show errors, and it started working. I suspect it had something to do with using an old version of php.

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”