Remove Multi quote

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
thecas

Remove Multi quote

Post by thecas »

Is there any plugin in phppbb that doesn't allow when you click "quote" into a topic to remove all nested quotes?

Thank you
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: Remove Multi quote

Post by KevC »

Bit of a double negative in there.

Nested quotes and multiquotes are not the same thing.

If you mean you don't want people to be able to nest quotes then you can set that value in the admin panel > post settings
Maximum nesting depth for quotes: 1
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
Cheap UK Hosting
"In the land of the blind the little green bloke with no pupils is king - init!"
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

KevC wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:48 pm

If you mean you don't want people to be able to nest quotes then you can set that value in the admin panel > post settings
That's one interpretation (which is probably be the correct one considering the topic title), but when not taking the topic title into account, it could be intrepreted as though the Topic Starter wants to prevent nested quoted being edited. Should this be the case then when the maximum allowed number of nestings is reached, it would be impossible to quote such a post (since that would need editing to reduce the number of nested quotes).

Yeah: double negatives: linguistically a lot of fun, but a nightmare for coders ;)
Spelling is freeware, which means you can use it for free.
On the other hand, it is not open source, which means you cannot change it or publish it in a modified form.
thecas

Post by thecas »

warmweer wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:42 pm
KevC wrote:

That's one interpretation (which is probably be the correct one considering the topic title), but when not taking the topic title into account, it could be intrepreted as though the Topic Starter wants to prevent nested quoted being edited. Should this be the case then when the maximum allowed number of nestings is reached, it would be impossible to quote such a post (since that would need editing to reduce the number of nested quotes).

Yeah: double negatives: linguistically a lot of fun, but a nightmare for coders ;)
This for me is a multi quote with a second level.
I understand the linguistically mistake. Sorry :)
I want to limit to one level maximum.
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Post by stevemaury »

KevC wrote:
For REALLY good and VERY inexpensive hosting CLICK HERE

I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)
thecas

Post by thecas »

You were right! thank you ;)

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”