Retrieving content of disapproved posts

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
JellyB

Retrieving content of disapproved posts

Post by JellyB »

Hi all,

I'm developing a pre-moderated board on 3.2.3.

I'm wondering if there's a way to retrieve the content of a post once it's disapproved?
Ultimately I'd like to be able to reverse the disapproval where necessary, but having access to the content is helpful too.

I've had a look around and can't seem to find anything. While the moderator log shows the title of the post and that it's been disapproved, I cannot find the content of said posts anywhere.

Thanks!

stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Re: Retrieving content of disapproved posts

Post by stevemaury »

Once a post is disapproved, it is deleted from the database, so, no. Instead of disapproving, you could move the post to a forum only moderators could access, called, maybe "Disapproved posts".
For REALLY good and VERY inexpensive hosting CLICK HERE

I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)

Vogelek23
Name: Łukasz

Re: Retrieving content of disapproved posts

Post by Vogelek23 »

stevemaury wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:42 am
Instead of disapproving, you could move the post to a forum only moderators could access, called, maybe "Disapproved posts".
Such moved post/topic is still marked as "waiting for approval", shows up for all moderators and attracts their attention. The above is not a good solution so I'm gonna write a modification, which automatically moves disapproved topics/posts to a specified forum rather than deleting it from the database. with an automatic "waiting for approval" flag deselection. Unfortunately, I work on 3.0.x version of phpBB (it's too hardly modified for being upgaded to a higher version) so my code won't work directly on 3.2.x, but it may be some kind of base for others to create a 3.2.x extension. Will post my code soon.
Professional computer repair forum.
The largest documentation database in Europe.
FREE and professional advice from nearly 40k users.
Earn money for activity!
https://www.elvikom.pl

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”