Database - Removing Old Tables

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
aeneas1

Database - Removing Old Tables

Post by aeneas1 »

i'm trying to clean up my board some, trying to make it a lean, mean fighting machine, and while looking through the database tables i noticed entries for extentions i've tried in the past but that have long since been uninstalled... is it safe to delete these tables? if so, how would i do it, by clicking "drop"? thanks very much!
david63

Re: Database - Removing Old Tables

Post by david63 »

If the tables are for extensions then when you disable and delete data the tables should be removed. You can certainly use the "drop" table option in phpMyAdmin (or similar) but I would be very wary about doing this as there could well be other data from the extensions somewhere else in the database.

It sounds to me as if you have not removed the extensions correctly or you have been using extensions that are at an early stage of development. To be on the safe side I would suggest that you ask the extension developer(s) about removing the data for their extensions.
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
aeneas1

Re: Database - Removing Old Tables

Post by aeneas1 »

thanks david, i thought i had deleted the extension data but instead i just disable the data, all good now, thanks again!

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”