Login Integration

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: Login Integration

Post by Mick »

Right, don't do anything for a minute or two.
  • "The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski©
  • "The good news is hell is just the product of a morbid human imagination.
    The bad news is, whatever humans can imagine, they can usually create.
    " - Harmony Cobel
janus_zonstraal

Post by janus_zonstraal »

How do you upload your files to the server?
Sorry! My English is bat ;) !!!
ZyrusOfficial

Post by ZyrusOfficial »

janus_zonstraal wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:44 am How do you upload your files to the server?
I use a file manager through the webhost
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick »

ZyrusOfficial wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:48 amI use a file manager through the webhost
You should use a proper FTP client like Filezilla, host file managers are also fraught with danger.

Math questions can be beaten by spam bots, you should use non Googleable Q&A as I said before.

Registration is working and the password reset appears to be as well although I didn't actually reset my password.

You can try this:

In phpMyAdmin, run the following, which will create an admin user named Admin1 with a password of admin. From that point you should be able to get into the ACP.

Code: Select all

INSERT INTO phpbb_users (user_type, group_id, username, username_clean, user_regdate, user_password, user_email, user_lang, user_style, user_rank, user_colour, user_posts, user_permissions, user_ip, user_birthday, user_lastpage, user_last_confirm_key, user_post_sortby_type, user_post_sortby_dir, user_topic_sortby_type, user_topic_sortby_dir, user_avatar, user_sig, user_sig_bbcode_uid, user_jabber, user_actkey, user_newpasswd) VALUES (3, 5, 'Admin1', 'admin1', 0, '21232f297a57a5a743894a0e4a801fc3', '[email protected]', 'en', 1, 1, 'AA0000', 1, '', '', '', '', '', 't', 'a', 't', 'd', '', '', '', '', '', '');
Change your table prefix if it is not phpbb_

See Executing SQL Queries in phpMyAdmin if you are unfamiliar with running database queries.

As soon as you have done this, use the temporary admin account to change the details on the original admin account, then delete the temporary account.
This is because:
  1. anyone could use that account to log in to your board if you didn't change the password.
  2. this temporary user has not been fully set up (e.g. it is not a member of the "Registered users" group, so it won't have normal access to your forums).
To remove the account you will first need to remove ???founder??? status from it: ACP > USERS AND GROUPS tab > Manage Users > Admin1 > Overview > Founder = No
    " - Harmony Cobel
ZyrusOfficial

Post by ZyrusOfficial »

Mick wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:50 am Registration is working and the password reset appears to be as well although I didn't actually reset my password.

You can try this:

In phpMyAdmin, run the following, which will create an admin user named Admin1 with a password of admin. From that point you should be able to get into the ACP.

Code: Select all

INSERT INTO phpbb_users (user_type, group_id, username, username_clean, user_regdate, user_password, user_email, user_lang, user_style, user_rank, user_colour, user_posts, user_permissions, user_ip, user_birthday, user_lastpage, user_last_confirm_key, user_post_sortby_type, user_post_sortby_dir, user_topic_sortby_type, user_topic_sortby_dir, user_avatar, user_sig, user_sig_bbcode_uid, user_jabber, user_actkey, user_newpasswd) VALUES (3, 5, 'Admin1', 'admin1', 0, '21232f297a57a5a743894a0e4a801fc3', '[email protected]', 'en', 1, 1, 'AA0000', 1, '', '', '', '', '', 't', 'a', 't', 'd', '', '', '', '', '', '');
Change your table prefix if it is not phpbb_

See Executing SQL Queries in phpMyAdmin if you are unfamiliar with running database queries.

As soon as you have done this, use the temporary admin account to change the details on the original admin account, then delete the temporary account.
This is because:
  1. anyone could use that account to log in to your board if you didn't change the password.
  2. this temporary user has not been fully set up (e.g. it is not a member of the "Registered users" group, so it won't have normal access to your forums).
To remove the account you will first need to remove ???founder??? status from it: ACP > USERS AND GROUPS tab > Manage Users > Admin1 > Overview > Founder = No
I will keep this in mind if I lose access to my Administrator account again... How would I go about fixing the login problem?
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick »

ZyrusOfficial wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:48 amI use a file manager through the webhost
You should use a proper FTP client like Filezilla, host file managers are also fraught with danger.

Math questions can be beaten by spam bots, you should use a non Googleable Q&A as I said before.

Registration is working and the password reset appears to be as well although I didn't actually reset my password.

Are you saying you're back in the ACP now, otherwise you can use the query to create the admin1 account to reset your existing admin credentials to sort out you're admin log in problems?
    " - Harmony Cobel
ZyrusOfficial

Post by ZyrusOfficial »

Mick wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:56 am

Math questions can be beaten by spam bots, you should use a non Googleable Q&A as I said before.

Are you saying you're back in the ACP now, otherwise you can use the query to create the admin1 account to reset your existing admin credentials to sort out you're admin log in problems?
I have made some non googleable Q&A :). I will now attempt to make the official Admin account so I can always log in/out if need be and access ACP
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick »

Hang on, what official account? If you're talking about the query I gave you read the instructions again. The admin1 account needs to be removed once you've reset your admin account credentials.
Mick wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:50 amAs soon as you have done this, use the temporary admin account to change the details on the original admin account, then delete the temporary account.
This is because:
    " - Harmony Cobel
ZyrusOfficial

Post by ZyrusOfficial »

Mick wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:06 am Hang on, what official account? If you're talking about the query I gave you read the instructions again. The admin1 account needs to be removed once you've reset your admin account credentials.
http://prntscr.com/lsmd67

http://prntscr.com/lsmdb6

Pictures above is what happens when I tried your method.

I have the correct credentials for the actual Adminstrator account. It's just when I actually log into it, it redirects to the home of the forum and doesn't actually log me in...
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick »

I just logged in using the admin1 account, it works. Give me five minutes and I'll reset your account and pm you.
    " - Harmony Cobel
ZyrusOfficial

Post by ZyrusOfficial »

Mick wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:12 am I just logged in using the admin1 account, it works. Give me five minutes and I'll reset your account and pm you.
Thank you so much. Idk why I can't log into anything or register...
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick »

PM'd
    " - Harmony Cobel
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick »

Good, glad it's working, don't forget to remove the admin1 account for the reasons stated.

FWIW - the majority of the issue was the OP's browser.
    " - Harmony Cobel

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”