(RESOLVED)when updating someone forgot to disable mods and now the update isnt installing right

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Ghostwolf308

(RESOLVED)when updating someone forgot to disable mods and now the update isnt installing right

Post by Ghostwolf308 »

One of the admins tried to use the auto update and found that it has problems. so I went ahead and used the full version. I also found out that they did not disable the mods or set prosilver as the style. now when I run the update I get to update files and it shows the following in yellow: [phpBB Debug] "Unable to open file ../store/update_archive_1544414864_5c0de690a1624.zip [wb]" in file /opt/bitnami/apps/phpbb/htdocs/includes/functions_compress.php on line 222
[phpBB Debug] "fclose() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given" in file /opt/bitnami/apps/phpbb/htdocs/includes/functions_compress.php on line 416
No matter what I do I cant seem to get passed the update files portion. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME
Last edited by Ghostwolf308 on Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ghostwolf308

Re: Problems updating to 3.2.4

Post by Ghostwolf308 »

It seems no matter what I do it is looking for a file in the store directory that is not there. if I hit retest it changes the file name it cant find. What am I missing??????
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Re: when updating someone forgot to disable mods and now the update isnt installing right

Post by warmweer »

Ghostwolf308 wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:45 am One of the admins tried to use the auto update and found that it has problems. so I went ahead and used the full version. I also found out that they did not disable the mods or set prosilver as the style. now when I run the update I get to update files and it shows the following in yellow: [phpBB Debug] "Unable to open file ../store/update_archive_1544414864_5c0de690a1624.zip [wb]" in file /opt/bitnami/apps/phpbb/htdocs/includes/functions_compress.php on line 222
[phpBB Debug] "fclose() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given" in file /opt/bitnami/apps/phpbb/htdocs/includes/functions_compress.php on line 416
No matter what I do I cant seem to get passed the update files portion. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME
Forget the autoupdate.
first set the style by execting these SQLs
UPDATE phpbb_styles SET style_active = 1 WHERE style_name = 'prosilver';
UPDATE phpbb_config SET config_value = 1 WHERE config_name = 'override_user_style';
UPDATE phpbb_config SET config_value = 1 WHERE config_name = 'default_style'

Use the full package (do not overwrite your config.php. Remove /installer and /production from your /cache. Remove io_lock.lock and any migrationsxxxxx in /store and run /install/app.php and database only. if that doesn't work then you'll have to remove mods (perhaps by restoring the previous version first.
Spelling is freeware, which means you can use it for free.
On the other hand, it is not open source, which means you cannot change it or publish it in a modified form.

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.
Ghostwolf308

Re: when updating someone forgot to disable mods and now the update isnt installing right

Post by Ghostwolf308 »

not familiar with running sqls. whats the easiest way to do it? I have tried to delete everything and install everything except my styles and ext and still get the same thing if that helps
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick »

• "The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski©
  • "The good news is hell is just the product of a morbid human imagination.
    The bad news is, whatever humans can imagine, they can usually create.
    " - Harmony Cobel
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

Ghostwolf308 wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:08 pm I have tried to delete everything and install everything except my styles and ext and still get the same thing if that helps
What do you mean with delete everything? files/database?
extensions don't have to be deleted but disabled. And once your forum is up and running, check for updates and reenable the extensions 1 by 1 so that you can identify those that break the board.
All Extensions can be disabled in 1 movement by running this file (to be uploaded to your root). (remove the file after use).
ext_disable.php
Disbale all extensions at once
(7.63 KiB) Downloaded 22 times
On the other hand, it is not open source, which means you cannot change it or publish it in a modified form.

Ghostwolf308

Post by Ghostwolf308 »

I meant I deleted everything from the root via ftp, I have all my files, ext, styles, images etc.. saved before doing this, and tried to install a fresh copy leaving out the ext and styles and it didnt work. I copied my DB back up back into its location but still get the same problem
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

Ghostwolf308 wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:25 pm I meant I deleted everything from the root via ftp, I have all my files, ext, styles, images etc.. saved before doing this, and tried to install a fresh copy leaving out the ext and styles and it didnt work.
Are you saying you installed a new board, and then replaced the database it was using (the fresh one) by your old database? (I doubt that will work)
Do you have a backup from before the update? (so that you can restore - and accept the loss of a couple of posts)

janus_zonstraal

Post by janus_zonstraal »

Ghostwolf308 wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:25 pm I meant I deleted everything from the root via ftp, I have all my files, ext, styles, images etc.. saved before doing this, and tried to install a fresh copy leaving out the ext and styles and it didnt work. I copied my DB back up back into its location but still get the same problem
Why :?:
What manual did you follow ?

Starting all over again is the best option I think.
Sorry! My English is bat ;) !!!
Ghostwolf308

Post by Ghostwolf308 »

From what I was told they followed the instructions found in the acp panel for updating. they saved all files and backed up the database then tried to update using the auto updater. I was then notified and found where it said the auto updater did not work and the knowledge base article to do a full install, which noted that all extensions and mods needed to be off and style set to prosilver. Which I attempted to do but got the listed errors. in the mean time while doing this through FTP Icopied all my phpbb files then deleted them and copied in the files for 3.2.4 then added my files, images, config.php and copied my database backups to the store folder where I found them. this led me to the errors I am getting. nothing seems to change it
Ghostwolf308

Post by Ghostwolf308 »

warmweer wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:34 pm
Ghostwolf308 wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:25 pm I meant I deleted everything from the root via ftp, I have all my files, ext, styles, images etc.. saved before doing this, and tried to install a fresh copy leaving out the ext and styles and it didnt work.
Are you saying you installed a new board, and then replaced the database it was using (the fresh one) by your old database? (I doubt that will work)
Do you have a backup from before the update? (so that you can restore - and accept the loss of a couple of posts)
I copied all the phpbb files from the root but they already had the auto updater files added
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

warmweer wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:08 am Use the full package (do not overwrite your config.php. Remove /installer and /production from your /cache. Remove io_lock.lock and any migrationsxxxxx in /store and run /install/app.php and database only. if that doesn't work then you'll have to remove mods (perhaps by restoring the previous version first.
Did you do this?
When an autoupdate fails, files are left behind which cause the autoupdate to resume where it left (meaning you'll get the error again).
Removing the files and directories I mentioned is necessary to stop the autoupdate from taking over.

And I have a vague memory of stevemaury mentioning another file somewhere which had to be removed (I'll poke him).

Ghostwolf308

Post by Ghostwolf308 »

working on it now. will let you know
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

warmweer wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:12 pm And I have a vague memory of stevemaury mentioning another file somewhere which had to be removed (I'll poke him).
Got a poke right back and false alarm, no extra file to be deleted. (I had probably forgotten that a week ago I thought I had forgotten another file, which turned out not be true but I seem to be forgetting lots of things nowadays :roll: )

Ghostwolf308

Post by Ghostwolf308 »

tried it and this is what I got when I ran the update. Failed to create "../cache/production": mkdir(): Permission denied.

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”