export email list? 3.2x

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
J_M

export email list? 3.2x

Post by J_M »

I found the following in response to a question in the 3.0x forum for exporting a list of user emails:
Run the following SQL ( Executing SQL Queries in phpMyAdmin )
CODE: SELECT ALL

SELECT username, user_email FROM phpbb_users WHERE user_type <>2
Export the output of the query as CSV.

Would this method still work with 3.2x?

thank you
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Re: export email list? 3.2x

Post by warmweer »

J_M wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:02 pm I found the following in response to a question in the 3.0x forum for exporting a list of user emails:
Run the following SQL ( Executing SQL Queries in phpMyAdmin )
CODE: SELECT ALL

SELECT username, user_email FROM phpbb_users WHERE user_type <>2
Export the output of the query as CSV.

Would this method still work with 3.2x?

thank you
That should be easy to check? Is there a users_table? Does it contain those fields? If so, does phpMyadmin allow me to type those whatchamacallit queries somewhere where they can be executed.
If you don't really know what you're doing, never run an SQL if you can't figure out what it's doing. And I'm getting the impression you don't really have a good (even medium) grasping of database and data retrieval systems. Not intended as an insult, everyone has to start somewhere, but you can mess up a database by accident far easier than fixing a database.
In this case the query is harmless and will give you an emaillist, but with SQL data can be modified, fields changed/deleted, tables deleted, databases deleted etc..

If yo are going to start using SQL then you should really get the basics as soon as possible and always have a fallback.
Spelling is freeware, which means you can use it for free.
On the other hand, it is not open source, which means you cannot change it or publish it in a modified form.

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.
3Di
I've Been Banned!
Name: Marco

Post by 3Di »

J_M wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:02 pm Would this method still work with 3.2x?
Yes.
🆓 Free support for our extensions also provided here: phpBB Studio
🚀 Looking for a specific feature or alternative option? We will rock you!
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx. Buy me a coffee -> Image
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades
J_M

Post by J_M »

thanks all.

>And I'm getting the impression you don't really have a good (even medium) grasping of database and data retrieval systems.

true, and no insult taken. Just needed to know if this was a reasonable path to take before I break it. :)
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

J_M wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:44 pm thanks all.

>And I'm getting the impression you don't really have a good (even medium) grasping of database and data retrieval systems.

true, and no insult taken. Just needed to know if this was a reasonable path to take before I break it. :)
And that's good thinking! I may have sounded harsh but I mean it from the bottom of my whatever: getting the info directly from the database is interesting and fun (and useful) but never execute an SQL if you don't know exactly what it does (unless someone trustworthy has cleared it).

The safest way of learning the basics is NOT online, but on localhost (personal webserver on your PC). If something goes wrong there, smile, and think: good that it didn't happen online ;)
Spelling is freeware, which means you can use it for free.
On the other hand, it is not open source, which means you cannot change it or publish it in a modified form.

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.
</Solidjeuh>
Name: Andy Dm

Post by </Solidjeuh> »

J_M

Post by J_M »

> </Solidjeuh>

thank you!
J_M

Post by J_M »

Hey </Solidjeuh>

That email list extension worked great (and easy for me). It didn't work with my theme but switched back to ProSilver and found it.

thanks again,
</Solidjeuh>
Name: Andy Dm

Post by </Solidjeuh> »

J_M wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:17 pm Hey </Solidjeuh>

That email list extension worked great (and easy for me). It didn't work with my theme but switched back to ProSilver and found it.

thanks again,
/ext/dmzx/emaillist/styles/ and copy the prosilver folder. Rename it to your style name, and upload in /ext/dmzx/emaillist/styles/

Or just rename the "prosilver" folder to " all ". That works most of the time.

And clear forum cache.

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”