Can I find the phpBB version from the database?

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
mattzzigster

Can I find the phpBB version from the database?

Post by mattzzigster »

I am trying to restore an old phpbb installation from an SQL backup. Does anyone know if the version number is listed anywhere in the database, so I know which one to download?

Note: I was originally going to post this in the support form, but there was no 'create thread' button.
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: Can I find the phpBB version from the database?

Post by Mick »

The button is called "New topic", are you saying it's not there for you? I've moved it to support anyway.
  • "The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski©
  • "The good news is hell is just the product of a morbid human imagination.
    The bad news is, whatever humans can imagine, they can usually create.
    " - Harmony Cobel
david63

Post by david63 »

mattzzigster wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:18 pm I am trying to restore an old phpbb installation from an SQL backup. Does anyone know if the version number is listed anywhere in the database, so I know which one to download?
You will find the version number in the config table with the name "Version". This will only show the version that was updated into the database at some point. If there was a problem doing an update/upgrade then this version may not be correct.
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Post by stevemaury »

There is also a version_updated_from (or similar) in the config table, if there has been an update. The version in config should be correct, as I believe that value is not written until there is a successful update.
I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Post by stevemaury »

Also, the version value in the config table in version 2 did not contain the "2", so that version 2.0.11 would be .0.11. Beginning with version 3, the full version number is shown.
I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”