Problem with forums PHPBB

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Atron

Problem with forums PHPBB

Post by Atron »

Hey guys, just installed PHPBB in my forums and I seem to be having a hell of a time. As you can tell in the picture, the unread post image is being spammed in every category, and for some reason when editing with Dream Weaver, I can't seem to find the edit location for the "yourdomain.com" "A short text to describe your forum" Any help will be appreciated https://imgur.com/gallery/hqgDblm
RMcGirr83
Former Team Member
Name: Rich McGirr

Re: Problem with forums PHPBB

Post by RMcGirr83 »

Don't use dreamweaver to edit the style and that style is out of date which is why it looks like that. You need a style that is compatible with 3.2.4.
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions | github | All requests for support via PM will be ignored
Appreciate the extensions/mods/support then buy me a beer Image
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

and that text is editable from your admin panel. no need to edit the actual template for that.

as rich said, do NOT use dreamweaver or any other type of wysiwyg web page creator/editor. they will corrupt the files.

phpbb is made up of html/css templates but they are not normal html files that you use a wysiwyg type of editor.
you need to get a good text editor like notepad++ or editpad lite etc.

robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
Atron

Post by Atron »

RMcGirr83 wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:18 am Don't use dreamweaver to edit the style and that style is out of date which is why it looks like that. You need a style that is compatible with 3.2.4.
understandable, but even when I go to install a new template my entire webpage crashed as soon as I install it.
Atron

Post by Atron »

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:23 am and that text is editable from your admin panel. no need to edit the actual template for that.

as rich said, do NOT use dreamweaver or any other type of wysiwyg web page creator/editor. they will corrupt the files.

phpbb is made up of html/css templates but they are not normal html files that you use a wysiwyg type of editor.

robert
Where under the admin panel is it? It used to be under customize template or whatever, now I can't seem to find it there either.
Atron

Post by Atron »

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:23 am and that text is editable from your admin panel. no need to edit the actual template for that.

robert
This is what happens when I Install a new template https://imgur.com/gallery/q5mwP7B
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

general tab, board settings.

the template editing part in the admin was removed a long time ago. it never worked very well and any edits you made from the admin panel reverted back to normal as soon as you purged the cache anyway.

what is wrong with that image you posted? that is exactly what should happen when you install a new style.

now that the install is installed you go to the board settings page and choose which one you want the board to use and set it to override users if that is what you want to happen etc.

robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
Atron

Post by Atron »

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:35 am general tab, board settings.

the template editing part in the admin was removed a long time ago. it never worked very well and any edits you made from the admin panel reverted back to normal as soon as you purged the cache anyway.

what is wrong with that image you posted? that is exactly what should happen when you install a new style.

now that the install is installed you go to the board settings page and choose which one you want the board to use and set it to override users if that is what you want to happen etc.

robert
Yes I activate the templates and make it to where it's the default style. But it crashes my website.
RMcGirr83
Former Team Member
Name: Rich McGirr

Post by RMcGirr83 »

This really isn't "phpbb discussion" but more for support. So post in the support form and fill out the SRT.
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions | github | All requests for support via PM will be ignored
Appreciate the extensions/mods/support then buy me a beer Image

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”