I use automatc update 3.2.0 to 3.2.4 and styles out! Help Me!

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Alex3459

I use automatc update 3.2.0 to 3.2.4 and styles out! Help Me!

Post by Alex3459 »

Hello.
Do not scold if the question has already been.
I updated my phpBB 3.2 to 3.2.4 and the styles stopped working for me.
Of course, the styles have been reworked by me to fit my tasks, but there was no such problem after the update. :(
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Re: I use automatc update 3.2.0 to 3.2.4 and styles out! Help Me!

Post by warmweer »

Alex3459 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:41 pm Hello.
Do not scold if the question has already been.
I updated my phpBB 3.2 to 3.2.4 and the styles stopped working for me.
Of course, the styles have been reworked by me to fit my tasks, but there was no such problem after the update. :(
That sounds a bit contradictory: the styles stopped working for me and there was no such problem after the update
Install your backup, set prosilver as default style. Use the full package (read the how to) and run install.app update database only.
Spelling is freeware, which means you can use it for free.
On the other hand, it is not open source, which means you cannot change it or publish it in a modified form.

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.
Alex3459

Post by Alex3459 »

warmweer wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:14 pm That sounds a bit contradictory: the styles stopped working for me and there was no such problem after the update
Install your backup, set prosilver as default style. Use the full package (read the how to) and run install.app update database only.
I hurried to ask a question and lost meaning when translating from my language into English. Sorry.
The meaning was as follows: when installing previous versions of updates, there was no such problem (loss of styles).
So far, I had to restore the backup version of the site.
Thanks for the help :)
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

Alex3459 wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:41 pm I hurried to ask a question and lost meaning when translating from my language into English. Sorry.
The meaning was as follows: when installing previous versions of updates, there was no such problem (loss of styles).
So far, I had to restore the backup version of the site.
Thanks for the help :)
OK, thanks for the clarification.

BTW, when updating it's best to set prosilver as default style. Prosilver is always updated with phpBB and will (normally) not give an error. After the succesful update then you can test the update of the other style(s).
Spelling is freeware, which means you can use it for free.
On the other hand, it is not open source, which means you cannot change it or publish it in a modified form.

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.
Alex3459

Post by Alex3459 »

warmweer wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:21 pm OK, thanks for the clarification.

BTW, when updating it's best to set prosilver as default style. Prosilver is always updated with phpBB and will (normally) not give an error. After the succesful update then you can test the update of the other style(s).
I use ProSilver as the default style, but it is changed to show ads.
Can you tell me if I can upload the second prosilver default to the site, update it on it, and then switch to my prosilver?
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

the best way to handle that is to not use prosilver. you can make a copy of prosilver, name it something else and use it.
then, each update you can manually update your style.

or, if you are only changing it for ads, use one of the advertisement extensions and you won't have to edit any of the style files at all.
;
robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”