Chatroom based on user list

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Scottish2

Chatroom based on user list

Post by Scottish2 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:38 am

Hi

Are there any add ons for PHPBB that would let us add a chatroom to the forum where we can live chat and the users ID is based on them being a member so it pulls the Users ID from their account to use in the chatroom.

Thanks
Dave
Last edited by Scottish2 on Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

</Solidjeuh>
Name: Andy Dm

Re: Chatrom based on user list

Post by </Solidjeuh> » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:51 am

We offer fun HTML5 games for young and old.
Register a free account & enjoy all functions!
Save your score, challenge other members or play along with our tournaments.

~~~ https://www.solidjeuh.be ~~~

Scottish2

Post by Scottish2 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:00 am

Thanks now quick question I use the black-silver-slim style for my forum and I notice it's not in the list. Do you or anyone know it it works with this style also or not??

Thanks

Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:21 am

You should ask the author of the style in that styles support forum likewise for the extension.
"The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski

There are no ‘threads’ in phpBB, they are topics.

Scottish2

Post by Scottish2 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:49 pm

I actually did as I found the part of the forum later

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:29 pm

or, you could simply install it and see if it works. if not, it is very quick and simple to disable it, then delete the data and then remove it from the ftp.

robert
I am available for custom work on a donation basis. Please send me a PM with your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.2 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

OK, so what's the speed of dark?

Scottish2

Post by Scottish2 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:04 pm

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:29 pm
or, you could simply install it and see if it works. if not, it is very quick and simple to disable it, then delete the data and then remove it from the ftp.

robert
yeah my question is will it mess with my style? I know I tried one extension yesterday and it messed up my style where I had to reinstall my entire theme.

Lets put it this way if I install an extention and it does not work are extensions alot to do with theme where just reinstalling a theme will fix any looks or can an extension mess up other things if not compatible. Just don't want to have something go screwy in a non fixable way!

And I have not yet done this as just been so busy setting up the website including Wordpress but how do I back up PROPERLY
the forum so that it can be reinstalled if something did go wrong as I should do this anyways before we get going to much.

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:44 pm

no extension can mess up your style unless you make changes to the style files yourself.

the whole point of extensions is that they are totally independent of the phpbb core files. you upload the ext. you enable it.

it may or may not work with your style, but it makes no changes to your style files. it might add extra things, it might cause certain things to not show while the extension is enables, but it is not changing any of the files.

therefore, once you get rid of the extension, your style will revert back to how it was in the beginning.

robert
I am available for custom work on a donation basis. Please send me a PM with your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.2 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

OK, so what's the speed of dark?

Scottish2

Post by Scottish2 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:10 pm

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:44 pm
no extension can mess up your style unless you make changes to the style files yourself.

the whole point of extensions is that they are totally independent of the phpbb core files. you upload the ext. you enable it.

it may or may not work with your style, but it makes no changes to your style files. it might add extra things, it might cause certain things to not show while the extension is enables, but it is not changing any of the files.

therefore, once you get rid of the extension, your style will revert back to how it was in the beginning.

robert
I actually did have it happen yesterday though. Before I know there was a setting for home page I was trying to use an extension to add extra links in the menu and the extension messed up the forum so bad I had to reinstall the style> Reinstalling it fixed the issue but was fine up until I added the extension! So it can happen! Though someone else tested the same extension and worked fine. So who knows.

I know the only changes I have made were very minor and would not have effected the style in any way was like some meta tags in the head for facebook sharing and I changed a couple of colors and swapped out two images but those would not have caused what happened once the extension was added.

As you can see what happened after I added the extension

stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Post by stevemaury » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:14 pm

Extensions, at least the approved ones here, do not change core files, styles or otherwise. Period. So whatever happened, it was not the extension.
For REALLY good and VERY inexpensive hosting CLICK HERE

I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)

GanstaZ
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by GanstaZ » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:52 pm

Every extension should work with prosilver (the ones that are submitted to cdb have to work). If by enabling an extension one experience a visual problem (style related), that means there's a conflict between extension and style or extension and some other extension/s or both. If style doesn't inherit from prosilver, then only thing to do is either fix it yourself, ask style author for help or extension author (note that extension author doesn't have to support styles that doesn't inherit from prosilver).
"When answer lies in the question,.. question becomes redundant!"

Scottish2

Re: Chatroom based on user list

Post by Scottish2 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:15 pm

Thanks

Also just an update getting back on topic it does seem that Mchat works fine also with the Black-Silver-Slim style as I got it install and the forum is still working nothing exploded in it so seems the Mchat is compatible also with Black-Silver-Slim style.

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”