How can the moderator see who the guests are?

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
psal
Name: Peter Salmon

How can the moderator see who the guests are?

Post by psal »

I'm still running board version 3.0.12 and as it continues to suit my needs I'm working on the basis that "if it aint broke …"

But one thing that has always perplexed me is that I always seem to have at least 30+ guests online and I don't think that this is correct.
phpbb-guests.JPG
How can I see who these guests are and is there anything else that could explain this situation?

Peter.
Lumpy Burgertushie

Re: How can the moderator see who the guests are?

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

guests by definition are guests and are anonymous. unless you have given the guest group permission to post then all they can do is view the board/forums that you have that permission set for.

therefore, there is no reason to worry about who they are etc.

as for your "if it aint broke" idea. 3.0 is so far out of date that none of the new styles/ extensions etc. etc. will work with it.

it has reached "end of life" and is no longer supported here at all.

you really should think about upgrading.

robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
AmigoJack

Post by AmigoJack »

psal wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:53 am3.0.12
Are you aware that there is at least the version 3.0.14?

psal wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:53 amwho these guests are
Can you explain which information you expect? So far you already know "who" they are since you can see the user agents and their IP address (click on the "Who is online" header, then click "Display guests").
  • "The problem is probably not my English but you do not want to understand correctly. ... We will not come anybody anyway, nevertheless, it's best to shit this." Affin, 2018-11-20
  • "But this shit is not here for you. You can follow with your. Maybe the question, instead, was for you, who know, so you shoved us how you are." axe70, 2020-10-10
  • "My reaction is not to everyone, especially to you." Raptiye, 2021-02-28
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

psal wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:53 am I'm still running board version 3.0.12 and as it continues to suit my needs I'm working on the basis that "if it aint broke …"
It's a nice catchphrase but it can backfire: once it's broke, you're on your own! 3.0.x support is only offered for upgrading to 3.2
Spelling is freeware, which means you can use it for free.
On the other hand, it is not open source, which means you cannot change it or publish it in a modified form.

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.
psal
Name: Peter Salmon

Post by psal »

Attention: Amigo Jack.

Thanks for that, dummy me, I didn't recognise "Who is online" as a link. I can now see that it is a bot mainly SEMrushBot.

Yes I was aware that there is a version 3.0.14. But I'll now make the effort to upgrade to 3.2

Peter.

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”