Login Admin Panel

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
NastyBoy
Name: Tim

Login Admin Panel

Post by NastyBoy »

I wanted to change the language at Ext M Chat but now I can not get into the admin panel to empty it. I only get a bug warning. What can I do now?
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Re: Login Admin Panel

Post by warmweer »

NastyBoy wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:19 pm I wanted to change the language at Ext M Chat but now I can not get into the admin panel to empty it. I only get a bug warning. What can I do now?
What's "Ext M Chat"? Doesn't sound like it's part of a default phpBB installation.
If it's an extension then you should seek support from the extension-author, and if it is a phpBB validated extension then there is probably a support topic also.
Spelling is freeware, which means you can use it for free.
On the other hand, it is not open source, which means you cannot change it or publish it in a modified form.

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.
david63

Post by david63 »

NastyBoy wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:19 pm I only get a bug warning. What can I do now?
Tell us exactly what the "bug warning" is
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
NastyBoy

Post by NastyBoy »

Fatal error: Uncaught phpbb\language\exception\language_file_not_found: Language file ./../ext/dmzx/mchat/language/en/phpbb-ext-mchat-2.0.1_lang-de/dmzx/mchat/language/de/info_acp_mchat.php couldn't be opened. in /homepages/27/d507003550/htdocs/phpBB3/phpbb/language/language_file_loader.php:185 Stack trace: #0 /homepages/27/d507003550/htdocs/phpBB3/phpbb/language/language_file_loader.php(143): phpbb\language\language_file_loader->get_language_file_path('./../ext/dmzx/m...', 'phpbb-ext-mchat...', Array) #1 /homepages/27/d507003550/htdocs/phpBB3/phpbb/language/language_file_loader.php(103): phpbb\language\language_file_loader->load_file('./../ext/dmzx/m...', 'phpbb-ext-mchat...', Array, Array) #2 /homepages/27/d507003550/htdocs/phpBB3/phpbb/language/language.php(643): phpbb\language\language_file_loader->load_extension('dmzx/mchat', 'ext/dmzx/mchat/...', Array, Array) #3 /homepages/27/d507003550/htdocs/phpBB3/phpbb/language/language.php(180): phpbb\language\language->load_extension('dmzx/mchat', 'ext/dmzx/mchat/...') #4 /ho in /homepages/27/d507003550/htdocs/phpBB3/phpbb/language/language_file_loader.php on line 185

I updated the M chat and wanted to chat in German then I got this error and can not log in to the admin panel anymore.
david63

Post by david63 »

That error is quite clear - there is a language file missing or, looking at the error message, not where it should be.

I don't know that extension but the file path ./../ext/dmzx/mchat/language/en/phpbb-ext-mchat-2.0.1_lang-de/dmzx/mchat/language/de/info_acp_mchat.php does not look right to me. I suspect that you may not have loaded the German language files correctly.

Extension support is better addressed in the support topic for the extension.
David

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

NastyBoy wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:45 pm Fatal error: Uncaught phpbb\language\exception\language_file_not_found: Language file ./../ext/dmzx/mchat/language/en/phpbb-ext-mchat-2.0.1_lang-de/dmzx/mchat/language/de/info_acp_mchat.php couldn't be opened.
It's clear you uploaded the "de" language files in the /en folder + including the whole extension folder part. Logically thinking every language folders should be at the same level (for every language) :idea:

/ext/dmzx/mchat/language/en
/ext/dmzx/mchat/language/de
On the other hand, it is not open source, which means you cannot change it or publish it in a modified form.

Scanialady
Name: Annette

Post by Scanialady »

My 2 cents: Whether an extension is in the CDB says nothing about its quality. It is more important to read the support topics for it. Better to avoid authors who do not answer support questions themselves, who do not update their stuff, and who do not fix bugs for years.
NastyBoy

Post by NastyBoy »

so with the language it worked now, but unfortunately still comes an error message if I want to log into the admin panel, the problem is that I can not clear the cache in the admin panel what can you do now?
david63

Post by david63 »

NastyBoy wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:21 pm the problem is that I can not clear the cache in the admin panel what can you do now?
Clear the cache via ftp
David

NastyBoy

Post by NastyBoy »

Did it but unfortunately the error with the language file still comes. Does that help if I completely delete the MChat and reinstall it again?
david63

Post by david63 »

NastyBoy wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:37 pm Did it but unfortunately the error with the language file still comes. Does that help if I completely delete the MChat and reinstall it again?
But I thought you could not log in to the ACP to disable the extension.
David

NastyBoy

Post by NastyBoy »

no Now I'm just wondering how I get back to the admin panel so who knows what to do now?
david63

Post by david63 »

NastyBoy wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:03 pm no Now I'm just wondering how I get back to the admin panel so who knows what to do now?
Perhaps this may help - Knowledge Base - Disabling all extensions at once
David

NastyBoy

Post by NastyBoy »

I have managed to set the MChat in German. But unfortunately even after the empty of the cache in the FTP, he still shows me the error. Since I can not log into the admin panel at all. The problem is that I can not delete the wrong file that is still stored in the cache in the admin panel.
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

NastyBoy wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:45 am I have managed to set the MChat in German. But unfortunately even after the empty of the cache in the FTP, he still shows me the error. Since I can not log into the admin panel at all. The problem is that I can not delete the wrong file that is still stored in the cache in the admin panel.
You should be able to completely uninstall the extension with phpMyAdmin. Look for any tables uniquely related to the mchat and delete those tables, look for fields in other tables related to mchat and delete those (most probably only in the config_table). In the extensions table, delete the record for mchat. (Caveat: if mchat keeps records of the chats in a table, backup that table so that you can restore it after fixing the problem).
in /cache delete everything except for .htaccess and index.htm.

Disclaimer: I don't know mchat so I perhaps there's something I am not aware of, but up to now, I've always been able to remove all extensions.
Just make sure to take a backup before manually editing your database (that way there's no risk).

Added: Although my (hack) method has always worked for me, it is NOT a method endorsed by phpBB. You should try every legit-method first (read Disabling all extensions at once (by david63)

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”