Problems with [img]

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Sir_Micha

Re: Problems with [img]

Post by Sir_Micha »

i switched back to prosilber - no plugin is active.
Same Problem
Ill stay on prosilber for you
EA117

Post by EA117 »

Sir_Micha wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:43 pm i switched back to prosilber - no plugin is active.
Same Problem
Ill stay on prosilber for you
Agreed. I used your switch to proSilver and the issue still duplicates exactly the same way here.

I guess that leaves checking the actual hosting server error log, to see what clues or PHP errors it might be reporting which has resulting in this "503 Service Unavailable" response. The PHP processing is failing; the only question is whether there is enough information or call stack shown in the error log to give us clues about "why" or at least "where" this is happening specifically on your board.

Can you confirm what PHP version your hosting server is using? It will be displayed in the ACP General tab, such as "PHP Version 7.2.6". Just to make sure we're not in PHP 7.3.x issues which might be contributing here.

If nothing else pans out, it certainly won't hurt to re-upload and overwrite all of the phpBB 3.2.5 files with a known-good full package copy from phpBB.com again. Just to help assure and rule out that nothing is corrupted or accidentally modified away from the correct files, in a way that no amount of diagnosis would quickly suspect or find.
Sir_Micha

Post by Sir_Micha »

Php-Version is: 7.2.10

i switched between 7.1, 7.2 and 7.3 always the same :/

So i should overwrite the forum?

I found this at my hoster:

"PHP Boost"
" PHP Boost activates a code cache with your PHP scripts running up to 100% faster.
With PHP Boost enabled, only the php.ini in your main directory will be considered. Their directives also apply to subdirectories."

if i deactivate it - i cant post - there comes Error Page
EA117

Post by EA117 »

Your hosting service can help you find the web server error log, if that isn't already obvious to you. Finding & reporting back here what information is being logged by the web server during this failures is likely the best move towards finding the cause and solution. That's where "the actual error" information should be that caused the 503 error.

You could check to make sure there isn't anything being logged in phpBB's own error log (from the ACP Maintenance tab), just to be sure. But if the PHP execution is failing for unintended and unexpected reason, it's possible that phpBB won't have had the opportunity to log anything there.

Overwriting your current 3.2.5 board with the full 3.2.5 phpBB installation set files (but without including the config.php or /install/ directory contained in the full installation set, same as when upgrading phpBB) will not cause an issue, unless you had made custom modifications to the phpBB files on your board. It's not that "corrupted phpBB files" has somehow been indicated by the evidence collected thus far; but its something that is easy enough to rule out if no other root cause has been found yet.
Sir_Micha

Post by Sir_Micha »

So ill contact my host - Thank You very much for your help :)
JoshyPHP
Code Contributor

Post by JoshyPHP »

Go to your admin control panel, in the Post Settings section, check out the Maximum image width per post and Maximum image height per post settings, make sure they're both set to 0. That check is costly and you're probably on a cheap host.
I wrote the library that handles markup in phpBB 3.2+.
Sir_Micha

Post by Sir_Micha »

Both is on "0", here in Germany Strato is normaly one of the best hosts.... I'll contact it, maybe its a serverproblem atm :|
AmigoJack

Post by AmigoJack »

Sir_Micha wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:16 pmhere in Germany Strato is normaly one of the best hosts
You don't seem to have experienced them in real: they're the worst - the average rating Google Maps rating is 2.2/5 and I know 3 people who dealt with them and their feelings ranged from being disappointed to being pissed, not to speak about the stories I read. It's like Telekom of hosters.
  • "The problem is probably not my English but you do not want to understand correctly. ... We will not come anybody anyway, nevertheless, it's best to shit this." Affin, 2018-11-20
  • "But this shit is not here for you. You can follow with your. Maybe the question, instead, was for you, who know, so you shoved us how you are." axe70, 2020-10-10
  • "My reaction is not to everyone, especially to you." Raptiye, 2021-02-28

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”