BBCode Colors in Forum Description

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
orynider
Translator
Name: Florin-Ciprian Bodin

BBCode Colors in Forum Description

Post by orynider »

Hi,

This may sound stupid but I didn't know about bbcode 'color' tag that is not working after upgrade.

I did converted the BBCode colours in topic description from html to bbcode and worked fine in phpBB Olympus, but after upgrade they are ignored by bbcode decode.
capture_001_06022019_075533.png
Here is a link to prosilver.
prosilver link.
Last edited by orynider on Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Re: BBCode Colors in Topic Description

Post by warmweer »

orynider wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:34 am Hi,

This may sound stupid but I didn't know about bbcode 'color' tag that is not working after upgrade.

I did converted the BBCode colours in topic description from html to bbcode and worked fine in phpBB Olympus, but after upgrade they are ignored by bbcode decode.

capture_001_06022019_075533.png

Here is a link to prosilver.
prosilver link.
BBCode Colors in Topic Description
From the printscreen this seems like forum description. Also I don't know of any topic description.
Spelling is freeware, which means you can use it for free.
On the other hand, it is not open source, which means you cannot change it or publish it in a modified form.

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.
orynider
Translator

Re: BBCode Colors in Forum Description

Post by orynider »

warmweer wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:35 pm BBCode Colors in Topic Description
From the printscreen this seems like forum description. Also I don't know of any topic description.
Thank You for pointing. It's about the forum description.

Description:
Any HTML markup entered here will be displayed as is. If the selected forum type is a category the description is not used.

[*] Parse BBCode [*] Parse smilies [*] Parse links
orynider
Translator

Post by orynider »

If there is no option in ACP anyone thinks on a workaround to enable colours in forum descriptions ?

Or is all about O! My Eyes! :?:
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

please show us the exact bbcode you are using in one of the forum descriptions.

I just tested and bbcode colors works fine in 3.2.5

robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
EA117

Post by EA117 »

One other possibility when upgrading from Olympus (phpBB 3.0.x) is that you're waiting for the reparser to get to these forum descriptions, same as you're waiting for the reparser to get through all of the actual posts, signatures, and everywhere else BBCode could have been used.

Does editing one of the forum descriptions (and making an actual change) then cause the BBCodes for that specific forum description to be honored? Since any new text you write, or older text you edit, gets written with the upgraded BBCode reference and no longer needs reparsing.

If it does seem like reparsing might be the issue, there is a short summary here with links to more information.
orynider
Translator

Post by orynider »

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:53 pm please show us the exact bbcode you are using in one of the forum descriptions.

I just tested and bbcode colors works fine in 3.2.5

robert
Use Quote to copy the code. Note that in ACP is working as You can see in the ss above.

++ HAVE FUN STLYING YOUR PORTAL ! ++

Code: Select all

[b]++[/b] [color=red][b]H[/b][/color][color=blue][b]A[/b][/color][color=green][b]V[/b][/color][color=red][b]E[/b][/color] [color=blue][b]F[/b][/color][color=green][b]U[/b][/color][color=red][b]N[/b][/color] [color=blue][b]S[/b][/color][color=green][b]T[/b][/color][color=red][b]L[/b][/color][color=orange][b]Y[/b][/color][color=blue][b]I[/b][/color][color=green][b]N[/b][/color][color=red][b]G[/b][/color] [color=blue][b]Y[/b][/color][color=green][b]O[/b][/color][color=red][b]U[/b][/color][color=blue][b]R[/b][/color] [color=green][b]P[/b][/color][color=red][b]O[/b][/color][color=blue][b]R[/b][/color][color=green][b]T[/b][/color][color=red][b]A[/b][/color][color=blue][b]L[/b][/color] [color=green][b]![/b][/color] [b]++[/b]
orynider
Translator

Post by orynider »

EA117 wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:01 pm If it does seem like reparsing might be the issue, there is a short summary here with links to more information.
I dont get any error and the BBCode is parsed but the it displays black and white B&W or Gray gradient:

http://mxpcms.sourceforge.net/forum/index.php?style=1

The Forum is:
MXP 3.0.x Styles

The parsed forum description is:

All information related to styling MXP to your own tastes.

canonknipser
Name: Frank Jakobs

Post by canonknipser »

Just tested - colour definitions are still in the generated board index page, but seems to be overwritten by the style:
Screenshot_20190213_234849.png
Greetings, Frank
phpbb.de support team member
English is not my native language - no support via PM or mail
New arrival - Extensions and scripts for phpBB
EA117

Post by EA117 »

orynider wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:47 pm ++ HAVE FUN STLYING YOUR PORTAL ! ++
canonknipser wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:49 pm Just tested - colour definitions are still in the generated board index page, but seems to be overwritten by the style:
With the "overridden" part being that colours.css says a path of "li.row strong" should have color:black applied. Sure there was probably a good reason for that, but seems odd to be asserting "all bold text must be black text".

If you take the [b] codes off of your "++ HAVE FUN STLYING YOUR PORTAL ! ++" text, you should see the colors show on your forum description.
3Di
I've Been Banned!
Name: Marco

Post by 3Di »

EA117 wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:19 am seems odd to be asserting "all bold text must be black text"
At the very least, I can tell.
🆓 Free support for our extensions also provided here: phpBB Studio
🚀 Looking for a specific feature or alternative option? We will rock you!
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx. Buy me a coffee -> Image
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades
orynider
Translator

Post by orynider »

I changed my code to:

Code: Select all

[b]++ [color=red]H[/color][color=blue]A[/color][color=green]V[/color][color=red]E[/color] [color=blue]F[/color][color=green]U[/color][color=red]N[/color] [color=blue]S[/color][color=green]T[/color][color=red]L[/color][color=orange]Y[/color][color=blue]I[/color][color=green]N[/color][color=red]G[/color] [color=blue]Y[/color][color=green]O[/color][color=red]U[/color][color=blue]R[/color] [color=green]P[/color][color=red]O[/color][color=blue]R[/color][color=green]T[/color][color=red]A[/color][color=blue]L[/color] [color=green]![/color] ++[/b]
Now just bold is ignored in forum description:

Thank You for your help.

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”