Going back to 3.1.9?

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Tithenon
Name: Paul Emerson

Re: Going back to 3.1.9?

Post by Tithenon » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:50 pm

Does anyone know what the overall upload size of phpBB 3.2.5 is supposed to be?

warmweer

Post by warmweer » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:07 pm

Tithenon wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:50 pm
Does anyone know what the overall upload size of phpBB 3.2.5 is supposed to be?
What is upload size?
24188811 give or take a couple of 500 (config.php)
something you could easily find out by downloading a fresh set (zipped just less than 8MB).

But if you're planning on doing a size compare you'll have to empty the /cache first (and perhaps some things in /store).

Better do a file/directory compare which will give immediately identify any changes to the files (if that's what you're worried about).
A bug is a feature that hasn't made it to the manual (yet)

Tithenon

Post by Tithenon » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:16 pm

Okay, so I went through... went step-by-step to dismantle, uninstall, and remove phpBB 3.2.5 and all of the problems going on with it... however, I removed the install directory after the update to the database, which it basically skipped through because it was already done, and I now am unable to get the thing to load at all. http://www.wolvesau.net/wh/fantasy is the address. WHISKEY TANGO FOXTROT!!!

Oh, and before anyone asks, let me answer... I had no extensions, no coding changes to anything, and only changed images in Latte. I deleted absolutely everything except the four directories and the config.php, which I went ahead and downloaded to my system, anyway, for backup purposes. I left out config.php from the upload, as I was told to do. My PHP is 7.2.7.

HiFiKabin
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: James

Post by HiFiKabin » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:22 pm

Manually empty the cache directory on the server leaving just .htaccess and index.htm, then refresh your browser

warmweer

Post by warmweer » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:25 pm

Tithenon wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:16 pm
Okay, so I went through... went step-by-step to dismantle, uninstall, and remove phpBB 3.2.5 and all of the problems going on with it
Yet prosilver 3.2.5 is still there?

edit: sorry, my mistake - didn't read properly

stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Post by stevemaury » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:55 pm

Tithenon wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:16 pm
Okay, so I went through... went step-by-step to dismantle, uninstall, and remove phpBB 3.2.5 and all of the problems going on with it... however, I removed the install directory after the update to the database, which it basically skipped through because it was already done, and I now am unable to get the thing to load at all. http://www.wolvesau.net/wh/fantasy is the address. WHISKEY TANGO FOXTROT!!!

Oh, and before anyone asks, let me answer... I had no extensions, no coding changes to anything, and only changed images in Latte. I deleted absolutely everything except the four directories and the config.php, which I went ahead and downloaded to my system, anyway, for backup purposes. I left out config.php from the upload, as I was told to do. My PHP is 7.2.7.
Why? Would have been easier just to upload prosilver and install it.
For REALLY good and VERY inexpensive hosting CLICK HERE

I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)

warmweer

Post by warmweer » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:09 pm

I can see

Code: Select all

Index of /wh/fantasy
Name	Last modified	Size	Description
Where is .htaccess?
You only have 11 directories at root level (17 is expected, counting the install).
It seems the upload was far from perfect?

HiFiKabin
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: James

Post by HiFiKabin » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:11 pm

I don't know what he had done but the site is now working and the quote appears to be working

Tithenon

Post by Tithenon » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:08 pm

Today has been a learning process. There were other steps I had to take, other things I had to troubleshoot and, once I had them all done, all was working, again. Now, if I can just figure out why notifications aren't going out to folks. I've tried to have that answered as a support question, before, and zero answers helped. I have been trying to communicate with my space provider to see if there's anything they can do, and they've yet to communicate back with me.

Thank you, all for your help, I'm truly grateful. I may never upgrade, again, because it's a hassle the likes of which I don't have life to spend on.

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:11 pm

updating/upgrading is usually very quick and easy as long as you follow the correct instructions exactly.

since you now have it working properly future updates should be quite easy.

however, if you don't update when the updates come out, it will just be making the update harder for you down the line.

if people are not getting their notifications it is usually because they have not made their settings properly in their personal user profile.
or, if the emails are not going out then there is likely something wrong with our email settings for the board.

create your own email address at your hosting control panel. use that for all board emails.

leave the smtp set to no unless you know specifically that your host requires it ( not likely ).

robert
I am available for custom work on a donation basis. Please send me a PM with your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.2 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

OK, so what's the speed of dark?

warmweer

Post by warmweer » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:15 am

Tithenon wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:08 pm
Thank you, all for your help, I'm truly grateful. I may never upgrade, again, because it's a hassle the likes of which I don't have life to spend on.
As Lumpy said, that's not a good approach and will cause problems in the future.
You're up to date now and have had to work to get everything back to your needs.

Take the time now to identify and document the changes made (in relation to a clean install) for future reference. The more updates you postpone, the more difficult it will become to update anyway (specifically for styles).

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”