[Split] It was not possible to determine the dimensions of the image

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Streamer76

[Split] It was not possible to determine the dimensions of the image

Post by Streamer76 »

Is this really fixed? Some users have reported this issue with some images, we have phpbb 3.2.5? :cry:
Last edited by Mick on Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Split from https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=556&t=2433446
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Re: It was not possible to determine the dimensions of the image

Post by warmweer »

Streamer76 wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:26 pm Is this really fixed? Some users have reported this issue with some images, we have phpbb 3.2.5? :cry:
Then you should open your own topic, as your board most probably differs from the TS's board, and this topic is already a mixup.
Spelling is freeware, which means you can use it for free.
On the other hand, it is not open source, which means you cannot change it or publish it in a modified form.

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.
chriswyatt86

Post by chriswyatt86 »

I found the only time I get this message was SOME files saved JPG in photoshop.
I take the file to another program, I use ON1 since it was free, and export it out as a jpg from that program (ON1) and it loads fine.

I see that the ON1 exported JPG is smaller in size than the one from Photoshop that won't load (unable to determine dimension).
I know photoshop has lots of extra stuff added to the file.

Now this is only on just a few jpg files from photoshop, not all of them. But I can start to tell which ones won't go. But the export in ON1 to jpg always loads.
I've Been Banned!

Post by 2600 »

Must be the exif data. The fact this crap hasn't been resolved by now is deafening.

John connor wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:33 pm This was supposed to be fixed in 3.2.2.
Morpheus: Unfortunately, no one can be told what The Matrix is. You'll have to see it for yourself.
Hack me.
Consider a canary token.
The nature of my chosen username
:ugeek:
thecoalman
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Re: [Split] It was not possible to determine the dimensions of the image

Post by thecoalman »

Can you upload the file here? You don't have to post it, just see if it's successful.
“Results! Why, man, I have gotten a lot of results! I have found several thousand things that won’t work.”

Attributed - Thomas Edison
Streamer76

Post by Streamer76 »

Tried to upload to this topic, same error here. I think its something to do with EXIF like said, when I edit that photo with f.e with Paint.net and save, it can be uploaded.
Attachments
image_error.png
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick »

Have you tried the PS option SaveForWeb? PS doesn't add image dimensions (no idea why) to all JPG's which can mess with browsers.
  • "The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski©
  • "The good news is hell is just the product of a morbid human imagination.
    The bad news is, whatever humans can imagine, they can usually create.
    " - Harmony Cobel
thecoalman
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Post by thecoalman »

Streamer76 wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:19 pm Tried to upload to this topic, same error here. I think its something to do with EXIF like said, when I edit that photo with f.e with Paint.net and save, it can be uploaded.
Are the photos from specific source before they get to PS? If so do the uploads fail for the source image?

If you post the image that is failing in a .zip file someone may be able to determine what is occurring.
“Results! Why, man, I have gotten a lot of results! I have found several thousand things that won’t work.”

Attributed - Thomas Edison
Streamer76

Post by Streamer76 »

thecoalman wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:31 am
Streamer76 wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:19 pm Tried to upload to this topic, same error here. I think its something to do with EXIF like said, when I edit that photo with f.e with Paint.net and save, it can be uploaded.
Are the photos from specific source before they get to PS? If so do the uploads fail for the source image?

If you post the image that is failing in a .zip file someone may be able to determine what is occurring.
Here is zip with two files that has problem https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_H0Bdp ... sp=sharing

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”