Unable to remove module, it has assigned children. Please remove or move all children before performing this action

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
IanCPFC

Unable to remove module, it has assigned children. Please remove or move all children before performing this action

Post by IanCPFC »

Hello everyone,
I upgraded from 3.0.12 to 3.2.5 and it went ok. The forum is up and running.
The only problem is this error when I click on extensions:

Code: Select all

General Error
Cannot find module ./../includes/acp/acp_blog.php

BACKTRACE

FILE: (not given by php)
LINE: (not given by php)
CALL: msg_handler()

FILE: [ROOT]/includes/functions_module.php
LINE: 573
CALL: trigger_error()

FILE: [ROOT]/adm/index.php
LINE: 82
CALL: p_master->load_active()
I looked in this forum and found the solution, to delete ACP_CAT_SOCIALNET and ACP_CAT_ARCADE from Module management on ACP.
When I try to delete it it says:

Code: Select all

Information
Unable to remove module, it has assigned children. Please remove or move all children before performing this action.
I then tried to delete the assigned children and some get deleted but when I get to the end the same message appears and they all appear again... :roll:
Anyone have any idea?
Thanks in advance for help.

Community Team Note Edited to add imformation from second topic OP created
Last edited by HiFiKabin on Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
janus_zonstraal

Re: [Split] After upgrading to 3.2.5 in acp got error - not found ./../includes/acp/acp_dap.php

Post by janus_zonstraal »

You are trying to delete a extension by deleting the modules :?: :?:
Sorry! My English is bat ;) !!!
IanCPFC

Re: [Split] After upgrading to 3.2.5 in acp got error - not found ./../includes/acp/acp_dap.php

Post by IanCPFC »

janus_zonstraal wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:29 am You are trying to delete a extension by deleting the modules :?: :?:
Hello, not sure I understood...
I did what was suggested here: viewtopic.php?f=556&t=2502401

P.S. What happened here? A mod suggested me to open a new topic but I found this here I didn't do. I think it appears twice now.
HiFiKabin
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: James

Post by HiFiKabin »

I have split your post off of the existing topic as your circumstances are likely to be different to the topic you attached to.

For the sake of clarity and reduced confusion it it always better to have your problem in its own topic.
IanCPFC

Post by IanCPFC »

HiFiKabin wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:40 am I have split your post off of the existing topic as your circumstances are likely to be different to the topic you attached to.

For the sake of clarity and reduced confusion it it always better to have your problem in its own topic.
Ok thanks! I did already open another thread though, so feel free to close one or the other.
HiFiKabin
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: James

Post by HiFiKabin »

As this has had replies I have deleted the other after adding its text to the first post of this topic
janus_zonstraal

Re: Unable to remove module, it has assigned children. Please remove or move all children before performing this action

Post by janus_zonstraal »

I then tried to delete the assigned children and some get deleted but when I get to the end the same message appears and they all appear again...
Try it again, if you delete something on the right way it is gone, and it is not appear again.
Sorry! My English is bat ;) !!!
IanCPFC

Re: Unable to remove module, it has assigned children. Please remove or move all children before performing this action

Post by IanCPFC »

Thanks everyone, I've finally solved this issue, there were still hidden children I didn't notice.
Now I've deleted it all.
Unfortunately it didn't solve my main issue, but that is Extension related, so I'll ask in the relevant threads.

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”