Search user’s posts - wrong redirect to some posts

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
tojag
Name: Gregory

Search user’s posts - wrong redirect to some posts

Post by tojag » Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:20 pm

Hi Everybody
I noticed a problem that I can not solve and I do not know how long it has existed on my board. Maybe for a long time...
When I click "search for a user's post" and then click a post from the list, it often happens to be redirected to the wrong page in the subject. Sometimes this is the next page after the actual post, sometimes the previous one. For example, in the list of user's posts, the post has the parameters p=824212#p82421 but after clicking it moves to page p=824212#p824067 this is first post on sub-page no 6877 of the relevant thread, while the correct post is on sub-page no 6878 as the first on top. It seems (but not confirmed at 100%) that when the post is the last on the sub-page of the topic, the redirection takes place on the previous sub-page.
In the topic from an example above I don't see any hidden posts. Everything seems to work ok.

phpBB 3.2.5 (I started a few years ago from prob. 3.0.3 and I did updated it regularly.)
PHP 7.1.11
MySQL(i) 5.6.41-84.1-log
Prosilver

I regularly use Database Optimize & Repair Tool extension. Maybe something with this ext.?

What I did to eliminate this problem
- clearing cache,
- rebuilding search index,
- changing search mechanism,
- synchronising statistics.
I don't know what is the reason of this behaviour and what yet should I do :(
Please help
Sorry my english. I hope You understand what I meant.

AmigoJack

Re: Search user’s posts - wrong redirect to some posts

Post by AmigoJack » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:21 am

tojag wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:20 pm
the post has the parameters p=824212#p82421 but after clicking it moves to page p=824212#p824067 this is first post on sub-page no 6877 of the relevant thread, while the correct post is on sub-page no 6878 as the first on top
Posts aren't numbered, they only have their ID. Link to examples that are reproducable by others, too. Or can you reproduce it here on this board, too? That's also why filling the Support Request Template is advised.

tojag wrote:
I don't see any hidden posts
phpBB doesn't know "hidden" posts - what do you mean by that?
The worst thing about censorship is ███████████
Affin wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:51 am
The problem is probably not my English but you do not want to understand correctly.
We will not come anybody anyway, nevertheless, it's best to shit this.

Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf » Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:07 pm

AmigoJack wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:21 am
tojag wrote:
I don't see any hidden posts
phpBB doesn't know "hidden" posts - what do you mean by that?
Yes. PhpBB does not have "hidden posts".
PhpBB will compute the page to show by a formula using the number of posts in the topic divided by the number of posts per page. If the retrieved posts does not match the total posts, then the page might be wrong. I have seen this happen, for instance, when a user has been removed and his posts have not, because that user's posts are not retrieved when the posts table is joined with the user table, so the post count is inconsistent.

tojag

Post by tojag » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:08 pm

Hidden posts are soft deleted post. That's what I meant :) Sorry, my mistake because in my language translation always was 'hidden post' instead 'soft deleted' eg in a log or as a reason of... hidden post. Actually soft deleted posts are hidden for users but its still in topic.
For the moderator / administrator 'soft deleted posts' are visible on the list (as hidden), and for the regular user not. So a topic with multiple hidden posts can have a different number of pages depending on who browses it. I thought that was the reason but probably not. I checked as a moderator and as a guest, and for found cases always redirected to the wrong post.
In one case, there are actually deleted user posts in topic, but I search for an existing user's posts and they redirect to the wrong addresses.
Otherwise, I have not found posts of deleted users in another topic, and there is also an incorrect redirection.
This is not always the case. Mostly redirects to valid posts. I did not notice such a case in this forum.

Why the parameters in post address on the users posts list are p=824212#p824212 but after clicking 'jump to post' it moves to post with address parameters p=824212#p824067 ? On browser address bar is properly address with #p824212 parameter but this post is on next subpage :(
Looking for dependence ....

3Di
Former Team Member
Name: Marco

Post by 3Di » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:15 pm

Did you merge posts/topics?
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx.
Want to compensate me for my interest? Donate
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user
Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades

👾 º The return of Space Invaders º 👾

tojag

Post by tojag » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:35 pm

Posts never merged. Sometimes I merge topics or move posts. I do not think I would do it on those topics where I noticed problems.
Now I found a subject with a bad redirection where one older post is permanently removed (I see it in log). It was before the post from the list of the user's posts I was looking for. Redirection from the user's posts list goes to one post too far. As if it did not know that the post was removed! The search post is the last on the previous subpage than the one to which I am redirected.
Tomorrow I'll look at this.

thecoalman
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Post by thecoalman » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:38 pm

Open phpmyadmin in your control panel, try this query. Change XXXXX to the topic ID of problematic topic.

Code: Select all

SELECT * FROM `phpbb_posts` WHERE `topic_id` = XXXXX ORDER BY `phpbb_posts`.`post_id` ASC 
See if there is any inconsistencies in the posts listed in the query and the page output. Keep in mind the query output is going to list 25 posts by default and the page output is 15 by default. What you are looking for is a post in query result that is not being displayed on the page.

tojag

Post by tojag » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:51 pm

I have browsed the posts in the database with the SQL query provided by @thecoalman and... there are posts in the database that are not displayed in the forum topic!
I compared the values in the columns of the post table and are the same values as for other posts that are visible. In particular, forum_id, topic_id are the same. post_visibility = 1. Post are not deleted. Everything looks correct but some posts are not displayed! These are the posts of regular users who write in this topic and their other posts are displayed. I don't see any difference between displayed and not displayed posts.
I checked the users' posts, these posts are displayed on the lists but when I click 'jump to post' it moves to the right topic, in the place where this post should be, but it is not there!
What is going on?

Edit:
When I go to the moderation panel and set the display options to 0 (show all posts), I see the missing posts in the topic review. At the end of the list is the number of displayed posts (144), unfortunately it is 4 less than it showed the SQL query (148). I can see posts that were not displayed in the subject, but it was cut off posts at the end of the list - missing the last four.
In the table phpbb_topics at the column topic_posts_aproved I see value 144.
In the MCP there are not posts waiting to aprobation. I do not use and never use the requirement to accept posts before publication.

From the topic review in the MCP I can go to a post details. For these 4 posts I am not see nothing specially compare to other posts, but when I click on post title, it goes to a properly topic but there are not displayed this post.

Edit:From the MCP I did resynchronization action for the topic, and after this the not displayed posts are appear! At now I see all 148 posts in this topic!
How can I do resynchronization for whole board?

What could be the reason for damage the synchronization of the forum?

canonknipser
Name: Frank Jakobs

Post by canonknipser » Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:45 am

Are the posts missing on the beginning of the topic or just on random places? Which is your default post sort order in a topic?
It is just a guess when they are missing on the beginning: Is the post date and time before the topic start date and time? You need to check the datetime values in the tables for that.
Greetings, Frank
phpbb.de support team member
English is not my native language - no support via PM or mail
New arrival - Extensions and scripts for phpBB

tojag

Post by tojag » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:33 am

All 4 posts were next to each other. It was on inside the topic. All date/time are properly - between displayed posts. I see these posts at now in properly places after resync topic from MCP. As I wrote earlier, I have compared field by field phpbb_posts table, everything looked like the displayed posts. Maybe automatic update 3.2.4->3.2.5 destroyed something? I don't know how long this problem was but this posts come from 14 Jan and an one of them, as I think, is an answer for previous not displayed post too. It means they were displayed at 14 Jan. After this time I did probably only update to 3.2.5 and nothing more.
In the topic log is only one moderator's operation - one post was permanently deleted and it had date one day in advance (several posts), before these not displayed posts.
This topic is short ~15 subpages, so I didn't analize others cases because they were in long topic eg. as I wrote in my first post here over 6,8k posts in one topic.
I have default sort by date ascending.

As I wrote in my first posts, I did synchronize statistics (statistics, counter, marked topics) in ACP. I did it a few times and cleared the cache but it was without any effect. But resynchronization from MCP for a particular topic was resolve problem. Why?
How to do this resync for all forum topics?
Last edited by tojag on Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thecoalman
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Post by thecoalman » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:36 am

Not sure if this will help but you can resync a forum, go to the forum tab in the ACP. On the right of each forum listed is resync button. If it has subforums or is a category click the text link to get to the subforums.

tojag

Post by tojag » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:10 pm

Thecoalman, I did it for every forum. Thanks a lot.
Unfortunately earlier I did resync from MCP for topics where I found this problem. So, at now I will waiting and looking for this situation. If it occurs, I will write here.
Thank You very much.
🍺🍺🍺

thecoalman
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Post by thecoalman » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:10 pm

If you find topic with another problem try resyncing the forum first. I'd be interested in knowing if it works.

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”