Style Change Resulted in Forum Lockout

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
HiFiKabin
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: James

Re: Style Change Resulted in Forum Lockout

Post by HiFiKabin » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:23 am

fasst1 wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:06 am
Thanks EA117. I am IT as far as that goes. I run the website, the forums and pay the bills. Colony One is the website host but I didn't think they could do anything about this. I've gotten to know the main customer support guy there and will contact him to see what, if anything, he can do. I'll post the results here.
Danny
As you are paying the bills, you should also have full FTP and/or cPanel access. Contact support at your hosting company and request all of the "log on" details for cPanel and FTP.

Once you have them we can advance further.

fasst1

Post by fasst1 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:54 pm

It's fixed! Thanks everyone. It probably would never have happened without all your help. And, I'm working on getting the full access I should have.

Danny

EA117

Post by EA117 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:09 am

Glad you were able to get the current site back online for the members over such a "small" error.

Perhaps one of the first things to do is go into the ACP and on the "Maintenance" tab, use the Backup option to do a "full" backup. Choose "select all" on the tables, and choose "for download" so that it will make the backup of your phpBB database and download it to your local computer.

That's not a backup of "everything" you would want in order to recover or upgrade the forums, but it's at least "all the users and messages". (Just none of the files or attachments.) Still, it would be a good "at least we have this" backup, if for any reason the site became lost again before you get full access to your hosting account. And it only requires that you have admin access in phpBB in order to perform it.

Once you do have full access to your hosting account, you can come back and make a new post about how to plan and execute your phpBB upgrade. Or there is also the option to hire someone to do it for you by posting in Wanted!, if you're not interested in personally chasing all the technical details involved in managing the hosting account and/or the phpBB version upgrade.

3Di
Former Team Member
Name: Marco

Post by 3Di » Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:44 am

I thought it was a phpBB2 reading the second post of this topic,
Brf wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:16 pm
Support for phpBB2 ended 10 years ago. All we can offer is support converting to the latest.
Information on how to convert from phpBB2 to phpBB 3.2 is here.
so I provided addresses for a typical installation.

I apologize for the inconvenience.
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx.
Want to compensate me for my interest? Donate
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user
Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades

👾 º The return of Space Invaders º 👾

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”