Issues with approving new users

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
intrelis

Issues with approving new users

Post by intrelis » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:09 am

I´ve been having some issues with approving new users, which may be very simple to solve, I just don´t know.

First, when I receive a notification in the forum "Activation required for deactivated or newly registered user" and I click on it it just takes me to the user page, but there is no option to approve or not the registration. I know I´m supposed to receive an email with the link to activate, but I'd like to be able to do it form the forum directly, if that is possible?

Which brings me to the second part. I don't receive the mail in question. I have an internal mail set up and I only get a version of the following:
This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:
Or
This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.
A message that you sent has not yet been delivered to one or more of its
recipients after more than 24 hours on the queue on ns130.truehoster.net.
If I set up the registration to be via email verification, though, I do get an email on the email I register with, so that function is at least working.

Any help is appreciated. Any info I need to provide, I'll try to do so as fast as posible.

Code: Select all

Database server:	MySQL(i) 5.6.43
PHP version:	7.2.14	
Board version:	3.2.5 

stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Re: Issues with approving new users

Post by stevemaury » Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:54 pm

intrelis wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:09 am

First, when I receive a notification in the forum "Activation required for deactivated or newly registered user" and I click on it it just takes me to the user page, but there is no option to approve or not the registration. I know I´m supposed to receive an email with the link to activate, but I'd like to be able to do it form the forum directly, if that is possible?
ACP, Users and Groups tab, Inactive users, select the user, Activate from dropdpown, Submit.

Or, if you know the username, ACP, General tab, Manage users, type the username, Submit, Quick tools dropdown, Activate, Submit.
For REALLY good and VERY inexpensive hosting CLICK HERE

I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”