How do I move a post while Reading it?

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Jeffstev

How do I move a post while Reading it?

Post by Jeffstev »

I must be missing something. If I’m reading a post in a particular forum and I want to move it to a different forum, not into another topic, there has to be a simple way without going thru the painful process of the MCP.

Jeff
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: How do I move a post while Reading it?

Post by KevC »

Same answer as the other one
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
"Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb"
Jeffstev

Post by Jeffstev »

KevC wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:52 pm Same answer as the other one
Not a helpful response...

Let me rephrase. How do I add the quicklinks for moderators to the top of the page? There must be a way...scrolling to the bottom of a long thread is brutal on anything other than a computer (iPhone, iPad, etc)
A28BC17E-AEAC-4A90-8028-83F7780E9B6B.jpeg
janus_zonstraal

Post by janus_zonstraal »

Sorry! My English is bat ;) !!!
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Post by stevemaury »

Before you can move a single post to another forum, you have to split it from its existing topic. Whether it is necessary to scroll to get to the quick tools depends on how far down the page the post you are reading is, and also on how one has chosen to order the posts within a topic, which is an individual setting. So what you may want is another set of Quick tools at the top of the page, which you would do by duplicating this code in viewtopic_body.html at an appropriate place at the top of that template. I have not tested this, so you may need to play with it a little:

Code: Select all

<!-- IF .quickmod -->
	<div class="quickmod dropdown-container dropdown-container-left dropdown-up dropdown-{S_CONTENT_FLOW_END} dropdown-button-control" id="quickmod">
		<span title="{L_QUICK_MOD}" class="button button-secondary dropdown-trigger dropdown-select">
			<i class="icon fa-gavel fa-fw" aria-hidden="true"></i><span class="sr-only">{L_QUICK_MOD}</span>
			<span class="caret"><i class="icon fa-sort-down fa-fw" aria-hidden="true"></i></span>
		</span>
		<div class="dropdown">
				<div class="pointer"><div class="pointer-inner"></div></div>
				<ul class="dropdown-contents">
				<!-- BEGIN quickmod -->
					<!-- DEFINE $QUICKMOD_AJAX = (quickmod.VALUE in ['lock', 'unlock', 'delete_topic', 'restore_topic', 'make_normal', 'make_sticky', 'make_announce', 'make_global']) -->
					<li><a href="{quickmod.LINK}"<!-- IF $QUICKMOD_AJAX --> data-ajax="true" data-refresh="true"<!-- ENDIF -->>{quickmod.TITLE}</a></li>
				<!-- END quickmod -->
I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC »

Jeffstev wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:32 pm Not a helpful response...
Of course it was. You asked how to move a post. You do it with the tools at the bottom of the page as shown in your other almost identical topic.
Jeffstev wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:32 pm Let me rephrase. How do I add the quicklinks for moderators to the top of the page?
That's an entirely different question.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
"Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb"
Jeffstev

Post by Jeffstev »

stevemaury wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:21 pm Before you can move a single post to another forum, you have to split it from its existing topic. Whether it is necessary to scroll to get to the quick tools depends on how far down the page the post you are reading is, and also on how one has chosen to order the posts within a topic, which is an individual setting. So what you may want is another set of Quick tools at the top of the page, which you would do by duplicating this code in viewtopic_body.html at an appropriate place at the top of that template. I have not tested this, so you may need to play with it a little:

Code: Select all

<!-- IF .quickmod -->
	<div class="quickmod dropdown-container dropdown-container-left dropdown-up dropdown-{S_CONTENT_FLOW_END} dropdown-button-control" id="quickmod">
		<span title="{L_QUICK_MOD}" class="button button-secondary dropdown-trigger dropdown-select">
			<i class="icon fa-gavel fa-fw" aria-hidden="true"></i><span class="sr-only">{L_QUICK_MOD}</span>
			<span class="caret"><i class="icon fa-sort-down fa-fw" aria-hidden="true"></i></span>
		</span>
		<div class="dropdown">
				<div class="pointer"><div class="pointer-inner"></div></div>
				<ul class="dropdown-contents">
				<!-- BEGIN quickmod -->
					<!-- DEFINE $QUICKMOD_AJAX = (quickmod.VALUE in ['lock', 'unlock', 'delete_topic', 'restore_topic', 'make_normal', 'make_sticky', 'make_announce', 'make_global']) -->
					<li><a href="{quickmod.LINK}"<!-- IF $QUICKMOD_AJAX --> data-ajax="true" data-refresh="true"<!-- ENDIF -->>{quickmod.TITLE}</a></li>
				<!-- END quickmod -->
Exactly what I was looking for. I sincerely appreciate your thoughtful and helpful response.

Jeff

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”