To receive extension support please visit our Extensions Database
and post in the specific extension's designated support area. The link to the support area for each released extension is also available in the first post of each released extension listed in the [3.2.x] Extension Database Releases
forum. For extensions still in development (not recommended for a live board) support is in that extensions's topic in the Extensions in Development
However, overwriting an extension is not the correct way to update an extension.
Updating an Extension
Updating an extension is a simple process that can be completed in a few simple steps with minimal disruption to your board. The following steps assume you have already downloaded and un-zipped a new version of an existing extension running on your board.
2. Delete extension files
- Disabling an extension will effectively turn it off, removing it from your board. If the extension is critical to your board's functionality, it would be safest to disable your board before performing this update process.
3. Upload new extension files
- Using your FTP program delete the extension's files from the filesystem. In most cases you can simply delete the extension's entire directory, which will remove all of its files from your filesystem.
- Using your FTP program upload the new extension files (or the entire extension directory) to the correct location.
- Once the extension has been uploaded, navigate in the board's ACP to Customise -> Manage extensions. You should see your recently uploaded extension listed under "Disabled Extensions". Simply click its "Enable" button and the update is complete!