fix.php for 3.2.5

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
CarolC1

fix.php for 3.2.5

Post by CarolC1 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:06 pm

This is an old problem but we are just experiencing it now.
We went from 3.0 to 3.2.5 because we were waiting for an extension.
Now there are 45 posts in one forum where the 3.0 "links open in new window" code is showing.

Code: Select all

onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Tried editing the post, didn't work.
Found this topic and ran the fix.php script on the test board.
viewtopic.php?f=466&t=2269196#links_new_window
It claimed it did 40 (not 45), and I ran it 3 times but it said 40 every time. Never said 0.
I don't know why it thought there were 40 posts and not 45.
When I checked the posts again the code was still showing.
Purged the cache, refreshed and cleared the browser history, still showing.
I went into the table on the test board and manually edited the code out of one post and that worked,
but I don't know if there's any more to it than that.
Today I went to the test board again, and NOW it is letting me delete the code with the edit post feature :?:
With these results I don't want to try it on the live board.

Is fix.php compatible with 3.2.5? Or is there a newer version than the one in that topic for 3.1?

I can just edit the table if that is all that's needed to take care of them, Is there any more to it than that?

Thanks

AbaddonOrmuz
Name: Alfredo Ramos

Re: fix.php for 3.2.5

Post by AbaddonOrmuz » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:17 pm

I would recommend, for future references, to not run scripts for older versions, specially if you're not sure if it would work with new database schemas in newer phpBB versions.

Try editing the post and making a small change like adding an extra line, space, letter, etc. That would update the post checksum, used to (as far as I know) run the reparser and update the rendered HTML.

Also make sure the modification you did to add that property (onclick="...") has been removed.
Some of my phpBB extensions: [ Imgur | SEO Metadata | Markdown ]
Check out all my extensions
Arch Linux user

CarolC1

Post by CarolC1 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:13 pm

Yeah, it's a test board, no worries. ;)

That seemed like a good idea about adding characters. I tried adding some dots and submitted, but no change, took the dots back out and submitted, still the same. Thanks for the suggestion.

My records show I did the "links open in new windows" edits 12 May 2011 and removed them 15 Jan 2012.

The dates of the links are May 15 2011 to Jan 12 2012. It happens to be a private forum, don't know what difference that makes.

I kept a record of exactly what code I used and what files were edited. I know I didn't install anything that was forum-specific, that is so strange.

From my records:
15 Jan 2012 Removed the code for "links open in new windows". Files edited: includes/functions.php., includes/functions_content.php, bbcode.html.

Noxwizard
Support Team Leader
Support Team Leader
Name: Patrick Webster

Post by Noxwizard » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:02 am

The fix for 3.2 is here: viewtopic.php?p=14911826#p14911826
[Support Template] - [Read Before Posting] - [phpBB Knowledge Base]
Do not contact me for private support, please share the question in our forums.

CarolC1

Post by CarolC1 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:12 pm

Thanks! Ran it twice and it got 40 out of 45.

The 5 it is not identifying are cases where the link was used inside a quote box.

The remaining 5 are no problem to do manually (even though they don't show), I just wanted to explain why I think it wasn't finding all 45.

Thank you!

EDIT TO ADD: Said above I could not edit the code out of the posts using the Edit post feature. If the onclick code (all of it starting with the single quote that was immediately after the link) was removed and the post submitted, the code reappeared when you were back in viewtopic, and purging or refreshing or waiting a few hours or trying another browser made no difference. However, if you remove the link along with the code, submit, then edit again and put the link back in, that cleans it up. Just doesn't work trying to edit out only the code.

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”