Help needed . Blank phpbb page

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
dostiplace1

Help needed . Blank phpbb page

Post by dostiplace1 »

Support Request Template
What version of phpBB are you using? phpBB 3.2.5
What is your board's URL? http://dostiplace.com/forum
Who do you host your board with? cloudhosting
How did you install your board? I used the download package from phpBB.com
What is the most recent action performed on your board? Update from a previous version of phpBB3
Is registration required to reproduce this issue? Yes
Do you have any MODs installed? Yes
Do you have any extensions installed? Yes
What version of phpBB3 did you update from? phpBB 3.0-B1
What MODs do you have installed? not sure
What extensions do you have installed? not sure
What styles do you currently have installed? aero green
What language(s) is your board currently using? English
Which database type/version are you using? MySQL 5
What is your level of experience? New to phpBB but not PHP
What username can be used to view this issue? Teaser
What password can be used to view this issue? zaibzaib
What actions did you take (updating your board; installing a MOD, style or extension; etc.) prior to this problem becoming noticeable? I am not sure why forum arent working on the site I can provide my hosting details but I need my backup :( dont want to delete any of the table from myphpadmin.
I have all the database file on the hosting site.
Please describe your problem. I am not sure why forum arent working on the site I can provide my hosting details but I need my backup :( dont want to delete any of the table from myphpadmin.
I have all the database file on the hosting site.
Generated by SRT Generator
Last edited by Mick on Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Marked solved at OP request.
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Re: Help needed . Blank phpbb page

Post by stevemaury »

That's not a blank page, it's a 500 error which is a server error. Contact your host.
I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)
dostiplace1

Post by dostiplace1 »

Hi,
Thank you for quicky reply.

I tried and they said something is wrong with your forum their system working fine.

What should I do now? any best suggestion?

Thanks
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

first, contact support again, ask for level two support so that hopefully you will get somebody that knows what they are doing.

a blank page is usually a 500 server error, it usually means there is a problem with php somewhere.

500 error is a server error, guess who is in charge of the server, that's right, your host.

anyway, best thing is to find the server error logs. they could be in your hosting control panel or maybe in a file named logs in your ftp in the root of the site.

php based errors should show up in that log so you can see what the actual problem is.

if you can't find the logs yourself, you will need to ask the host how you can access them since they don't want to do their job and do it for you.

sorry for the rant but it really irritates me when support simply says it is not their problem without even trying.

luck,
robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
</Solidjeuh>
Name: Andy Dm

Post by </Solidjeuh> »

dostiplace1 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:53 pm they said something is wrong with your forum their system working fine.
Nothing wrong with phpBB. Amateurs @ your hosting :D
Is there nothing in the server error logs?
dostiplace1

Post by dostiplace1 »

HI,

Actually I didnt use forum for 2 years now and tried to access into it and found this error.

I have many topics on it and almost 400 users registered.

Thanks
dostiplace1

Post by dostiplace1 »

</Solidjeuh> wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:08 pm
dostiplace1 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:53 pm they said something is wrong with your forum their system working fine.
Nothing wrong with phpBB. Amateurs @ your hosting :D
Is there nothing in the server error logs?
No as I stated I planned to reopen the forum back I have all the tabels i.e. database file ready to load but I am not sure can I use this table file to make fresh phpbb? with my previous data?
Lumpy Burgertushie

what does that mean? you said you have a 500 error/blank page. the board is there , it is just not working.

your post says you have already ugraded to 3.2.5 have you done that? if so, they why are you talking about having the old database.

by the way, I assume when you say you have the old tables etc. you are talking about a backup file you made of the database. I also assume it is a sql or sql.gzip file.

exactly how did you do this upgrade you said you made?

details, exactly what steps did you take to do it.

luck,
robert

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
dostiplace1

Post by dostiplace1 »

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:57 pm what does that mean? you said you have a 500 error/blank page. the board is there , it is just not working.

your post says you have already ugraded to 3.2.5 have you done that? if so, they why are you talking about having the old database.

by the way, I assume when you say you have the old tables etc. you are talking about a backup file you made of the database. I also assume it is a sql or sql.gzip file.

exactly how did you do this upgrade you said you made?

details, exactly what steps did you take to do it.

luck,
robert
You got it right and sorry I made mistake by mentioning that I upgraded it to latest version.
I have database in my hosting account and I am able to see all the user data available in phpbb_user table.

I need to make my forum live actually and I didnt do anything to make it live for now apart from moving forum files to http://dostiplace.net/forums/ from WWW.DOSTIPLACE.COM/FORUM
and uploaded my database file but didnt work on new location either.

Thank you for your kind help! at least you guys are trying to make things possible for us.
Lumpy Burgertushie

ok, you currently have phpbb version 3.2.0 files on your server.

you need to do an update to 3.2.5
following these instructions exactly and in order:
https://www.phpbb.com/support/docs/en/3 ... ating-32x/

make sure that your config.php file points to the correct database and database name, username, password and table prefix for the copy of the old database you put on the server. assuming you can go to that database using phpmyadmin or whatever and see the whole set of tables there.

then when you run the install page it will come up and give you the option to update. click on that tab, then on the next page click on the submit button then on the next page click on update database only.

that should work.

robert

dostiplace1

Post by dostiplace1 »

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:24 pm ok, you currently have phpbb version 3.2.0 files on your server.

you need to do an update to 3.2.5
following these instructions exactly and in order:
https://www.phpbb.com/support/docs/en/3 ... ating-32x/

make sure that your config.php file points to the correct database and database name, username, password and table prefix for the copy of the old database you put on the server. assuming you can go to that database using phpmyadmin or whatever and see the whole set of tables there.

then when you run the install page it will come up and give you the option to update. click on that tab, then on the next page click on the submit button then on the next page click on update database only.

that should work.

robert
Thanks let me follow your instructions.
dostiplace1

Post by dostiplace1 »

HI,
I just followed steps and forum came back live but incomplete and this url is not responding for some reason http://dostiplace.com/forum/install/app.php/update how can i updated the database file?
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Post by stevemaury »

You have two boards. A new, empty one at dostiplace.net/forum and your original one at dostiplace.com/forum. Both appear to have 3.2.5 files. Neither has an install folder.

What is it you want to do? Connect the .net install to your old database?
I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)
dostiplace1

Post by dostiplace1 »

stevemaury wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:45 pm You have two boards. A new, empty one at dostiplace.net/forum and your original one at dostiplace.com/forum. Both appear to have 3.2.5 files. Neither has an install folder.

What is it you want to do? Connect the .net install to your old database?
I am on at http://dostiplace.com/forum/ not using .NET website.
Lumpy Burgertushie

wow, you really keep jumping around.

ok, are both the .com and .net domains pointing at the same hosting account?

if so, did you import your old database to that hosting account?

are you sure the .com is the one you want to use?
if so, why do you have the .net there?
please answer each question completely.

please be specific in exactly what you want to do with this.

then we can give you specific instructions on how to proceed.

robert

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”