Where to place script to only run on post pages

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
baloothebear

Where to place script to only run on post pages

Post by baloothebear » Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:50 pm

Hi and good day.

So i have a script that adds some advertisements but right now i placed it in the "overall_footer.php" file, and that way it runs on the entire site. But doing so results in activating the script when people trying to login or use the navigation. This is really annoying and i dont want too much advertisements on my site.

So i just want the script to run when someone clicks on a link in a user made post. But i looked everywhere in the code and i just cannot find where i need to put it. Can someone tell me what file to edit and where the code for the posts layout and such is? Btw iam not a programer, i just know the basics, thats also why this is hard for me.

Well i hope someone is nice enough to help me with this :)

Lumpy Burgertushie

Re: Where to place script to only run on post pages

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:22 pm

do a search of the extensions forum for "advertisement" there is an extension for just this type of thing.
it will allow you to put ads pretty much wherever you want without having to edit any code of any page.

robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.2 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If a tree falls in the forest and nobody is there, does it make a sound?

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”